Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Staccato

Staccato

I was having a conversation with my local ffl today and we started talking about 1911s and staccato. I will be honest, despite what I hear from people like kyle defoor on the internet, I do not know anyone who shoots them.

Anyone have experience with them? The new CS model looks interesting as a carry gun in a 1911 format.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I was having a conversation with my local ffl today and we started talking about 1911s and staccato. I will be honest, despite what I hear from people like kyle defoor on the internet, I do not know anyone who shoots them.

Anyone have experience with them? The new CS model looks interesting as a carry gun in a 1911 format.
    Great guns. Know a few people that shoot them

A lot of folks that own them are disappointed to learn that the guns don't shoot themselves and you still gotta be good.

Too big for my hands (all 2011) but very flat shooting.

But I don't have time for 150 dollar a mag nonsense

I took No Fail Pistol recently and I think that aside from me with a 1911 and two 320s, the class was about 60% Glock and 40% 2011, with all of those but one (a Chambers) being Staccato. Also all optics pistols aside from me, the two 320s, and the lone .40 Glock.

They all ran and all were used by very capable shooters.

Edit - this was out of 24 shooters so we’re talking a good number of Glocks and Staccatos.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Great guns. Know a few people that shoot them

A lot of folks that own them are disappointed to learn that the guns don't shoot themselves and you still gotta be good.

Too big for my hands (all 2011) but very flat shooting.

But I don't have time for 150 dollar a mag nonsense
    If you're paying more than $70 a mag (literally less than half), you're getting ripped off; even Staccato themselves don't sell them for more than their MAP of $70. Dawson and other places sell them for the same price. You can find them cheaper if you hunt around on gunbroker and elsewhere.

If you're actually paying $150 a mag...man, I don't know what to tell you, other than stop living in California or another ban state...

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    If you're paying more than $70 a mag (literally less than half), you're getting ripped off; even Staccato themselves don't sell them for more than their MAP of $70. Dawson and other places sell them for the same price. You can find them cheaper if you hunt around on gunbroker and elsewhere.

If you're actually paying $150 a mag...man, I don't know what to tell you, other than stop living in California or another ban state...
    Oh I don't own a 2011, not for me

But a lot of guys I know like the mbx ones?

the cs looks interesting to me because the grip is slimmed down and new purpose built 9mm mags.

the cs looks interesting to me because the grip is slimmed down and new purpose built 9mm mags.
    A lot of guys I know with stacatto sold them back (our lgs gets them in relatively frequently, except the cs model)

Gamers, maybe, and they pre-date Staccato Gen3 mags...all the guys I know with Staccato Ps on LE/Mil programs run Staccato mags exclusively and if they've had problems with them, they've never said so...there's been a few guns with issues that had to go back to Staccato for fixes, but no different than the number of Glocks or Sig P320s with problems out of the box that weren't caught...

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Gamers, maybe, and they pre-date Staccato Gen3 mags...all the guys I know with Staccato Ps on LE/Mil programs run Staccato mags exclusively and if they've had problems with them, they've never said so...there's been a few guns with issues that had to go back to Staccato for fixes, but no different than the number of Glocks or Sig P320s with problems out of the box that weren't caught...
    Makes sense. The stacattos I have shot have all been great and they are local to me so I am happy they are doing so well

Site Supporter

I dabble.

One has had the FCG replaced by a gunsmith I trust. The other is stock.

The stock one will probably get an SRO in place of the RMR’s but both run 100% with all factory ammo I’ve tried. Mix of Gen 2 and Gen 3 mags.

Name:  IMG_1551.jpg
Views: 1175
Size:  40.8 KB

A buddy of mine (local instructor & MSP staff instructor) just had his rebuilt by the mothership for the third time after experiencing his first parts breakage (Ejector) at 108k rounds. His barrel still gauged good. he tells me that other than the one parts breakage any issues he’s had have been ammo related.

Another buddy used a stock XC to get one of his two MSP black belt patches.

Two other “shooters” I know that run an XC and an XL respectively, have had a few issues with rounds popping out of Stacatto mags and swear by MBX mags. YMMV but the guns have had no other issues.

The only issue I’ve personally seen with multiple guns is grip safety adjustments. Several of the guns require the grip safety to be pushed in 85 to 95% for the gun to fire. The grip safety should engage if pushed in 50% or less. The good news is this is about a five minute job for any competent gunsmith or something the warranty department can fix with a quick turnaround. I’m not a fan of rubberbanding the group safety. Mine are set to release at about 15-20%.

User Tag List