Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Staccato

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    MBX mags are the HK mags of 2011 platform. They were built from scratch and everyone that I know that uses a 2011 for duty runs them as carry mags and stock/cheaper mags are for range time. None of them care that their duty mags cost that much. It’s what’s on their belt and what they have to entrust their lives too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I prefer the MBX mags for .38 Super Comp and Atlas mags for 9mm. The reason is the Atlas mags are slightly shorter internally, front to back, and 9mm factory ammo is shorter than Super Comp. I also have beat the snot out of a few 170mm Staccato mags for practice, and they keep running.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernomad View Post
    Attachment 112083
    I have been yearning for a premium hand gun. I traded in my Prodigy 4.25 and got fair price for it. The Prodigy ran good after I sent it back to SA and the Staccato P is a notable step up. I’m super excited to start shooting it tomorrow.
    Ran about 250 rounds through it yesterday. Wow! What a pleasure to shoot. I put the Dawson Precision rear sight on it. It’s a sturdy setup with the DPP. Name:  IMG_4094.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  38.3 KB

Company promo vid. Cliff notes -- patriotic investor saved STI from bankruptcy and invested to make it what it is today.

I work near the AZ Capitol, which is patrolled by Arizona DPS instead of Phoenix Police (Until the mid-2000s Capitol Police was its own agency that got absorbed into AZ DPS). Walking into work this morning I saw a couple of DPS units on a call, and one guy had silver mags, which drew my attention since they at least used to be a Glock-only agency. Turns out he had a Staccato in a thigh holster (more like a knee holster, but I digress). I'm assuming it's an authorized POW as opposed to an issue gun. Wasn't able to get any more info since he was actually, you, doing police work. Plus they love it so much when the public walks up and asks about their guns and all...

For background, DPS was a SIG .40 agency only, with most carrying P229s but some P226s mixed in as well--from my sample size of one with a friend who went through their academy in '05, they let the recruits shoot both then asked which they wanted. They went to the FNS for about 10 mins. sometime in the mid-teens, and shared a piece of the Baltimore County uncommanded discharge drama (possibly in part due to them being the only other major agency that I'm aware of that to actually issue the things) which resulted in all guns getting new firing pins, then shortly thereafter they went to Glock 9mms with optics either authorized or issued, but I'm not sure if they are mandatory. This is the first non-Glock I've seen since they made the change.

Numerous officers carry them at my agency and more than a few are in use with our SWAT team (high round-count). I've been running a C Duo and P Duo on duty (SWAT/Patrol/plainclothes) for years with absolutely no issues. Frankly, as an old 1911 guy, I have been extremely pleased at how accurate and reliable the Staccato pistols are. They are not hype and with the LEO discount they arn't much more than a high-end custom Glock. I've only seen an issue with one and it was operator error (he detail stripped it and tweaked the sear spring). I just perform normal maintence on mine and it runs great.

Waited to see if anything worthwhile was announced at SHOT. As of this afternoon I have a P on the way. Excited to get it in.

I first looked at Staccato last year or the year before (since I got to TX is all I remember) but the size of the grip was a total nonstarter for me. Since then, I’ve had a chance to handle a CS with the new magazine design and smaller grip, and I’m enamored.

I’m sitting back and waiting until the new C is in the wild and may jump on one then, or a CS. Is a Staccato likely to displace my P30 LEMs for daily carry? Unlikely, but who knows - I’ve been going through a strong 1911 renaissance of late.

I’m curious to see if the new magazine design is adopted across the rest of the line.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I first looked at Staccato last year or the year before (since I got to TX is all I remember) but the size of the grip was a total nonstarter for me. Since then, I’ve had a chance to handle a CS with the new magazine design and smaller grip, and I’m enamored.

I’m sitting back and waiting until the new C is in the wild and may jump on one then, or a CS. Is a Staccato likely to displace my P30 LEMs for daily carry? Unlikely, but who knows - I’ve been going through a strong 1911 renaissance of late.

I’m curious to see if the new magazine design is adopted across the rest of the line.
    I think you own at least twice as many 1911s as I do, and I carry one daily, so “renaissance” is an understatement! Why not carry them when you have the “two and a spare” thing done twice over? Practicality without any fun is overrated anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Wasn’t that always intuitively obvious to the casual observer? Yet the opposite has been argued for so long.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List