Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Staccato

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    I think you own at least twice as many 1911s as I do, and I carry one daily, so “renaissance” is an understatement! Why not carry them when you have the “two and a spare” thing done twice over? Practicality without any fun is overrated anyway.
    True. A 1911 often gets carried for family BBQs and the like but my “don’t think about it” daily carry is a P30sk. I’m not alone here, either - a lot of members have 1911s that aren’t carried every day.

Does that make a 1911 a talisman for me? Mayhaps, but I like them nonetheless. My first pistol was a 5”, and they are like coming home.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    I work near the AZ Capitol, which is patrolled by Arizona DPS instead of Phoenix Police (Until the mid-2000s Capitol Police was its own agency that got absorbed into AZ DPS). Walking into work this morning I saw a couple of DPS units on a call, and one guy had silver mags, which drew my attention since they at least used to be a Glock-only agency. Turns out he had a Staccato in a thigh holster (more like a knee holster, but I digress). I'm assuming it's an authorized POW as opposed to an issue gun. Wasn't able to get any more info since he was actually, you, doing police work. Plus they love it so much when the public walks up and asks about their guns and all...

For background, DPS was a SIG .40 agency only, with most carrying P229s but some P226s mixed in as well--from my sample size of one with a friend who went through their academy in '05, they let the recruits shoot both then asked which they wanted. They went to the FNS for about 10 mins. sometime in the mid-teens, and shared a piece of the Baltimore County uncommanded discharge drama (possibly in part due to them being the only other major agency that I'm aware of that to actually issue the things) which resulted in all guns getting new firing pins, then shortly thereafter they went to Glock 9mms with optics either authorized or issued, but I'm not sure if they are mandatory. This is the first non-Glock I've seen since they made the change.
    Hillsborough County (FL) and Rockville (MD) also had the misfortune of adopting the FNS. Rockville abandoned FN after an "uncommanded discharge"that may have been a negligent discharge. The chief wanted to go with Glock (because anything the D.C. Metropolitan Police have or do must be right) so this became a mysterious "just went off" incident. All four of the FNS agencies are now Glock agencies.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Didn’t watch the video, but based on the title, I’ve always been the opinion of this. A better gun in my opinion, benefits, good shooters, more than great shooters, or not so good shooters. I usually feel that the B to A class gets the biggest benefit. The lesser shooters tend to not be able to take advantage of the benefits, whereas the exceptional shooters can overcome the slight disadvantages. Of course, all things being equal, we’re not talking and atlas 2011 versus High Point.

Here's the summary - 2000 rounds without cleaning, no malfunctions.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

With just RemOil, nonetheless.
    Perhaps I'm a snob, but I don't use RemOil on my guns, nor would I unless I was forced to. Once I found out about Lucas Gun oil from Randy at Apex I haven't used much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Perhaps I'm a snob, but I don't use RemOil on my guns, nor would I unless I was forced to. Once I found out about Lucas Gun oil from Randy at Apex I haven't used much else.
    I use slip 2000 due to less toxicity, but generally oil is oil I think

Name:  20221022_100716.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  25.0 KB
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    You’re a snob.

REM oil works fine if you apply it frequently enough. So does regular motor oil, household 3 in 1 oil etc.

I’ve had good luck with slip 2000 but ultimately lube > no lube.

Staccato probably was not thrilled when Ben first bought one of their pistols, but this has turned out quite well for the company
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Staccato probably was not thrilled when Ben first bought one of their pistols, but this has turned out quite well for the company
    Not sure why they wouldn’t be thrilled about free publicity.

Take Stacatto out of the box lube it and keep it lubed feed it decent quality, duty or training ammo and they work.

In my experience 98% of the “problems” With staccato come down to crap ammo / handloads and people fiddle around with random aftermarket parts, unqualified gunsmithing.

User Tag List