Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inner Duty Belt

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Looks like they only offer loop inner belts. I need hook.
    Know anybody that sews? I make my own for use with my USPSA belts using a single layer of scuba webbing for the inner.

It’d be a 10 min job to make one up.

Site Supporter
    "There are two ways to do most anything- right and again."

The volund belt seems to fit the bill. I used it for a little bit in a seminar today. No radio, tazer, or weapon for weight, so not a true test. But we did do some weapons retention stuff and it was a good lock up with velcro. We'll see how comfort is after a few shifts.

Name:  20230714_105858.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  63.2 KB

Site Supporter
    Another option would be HSGI’s micro grip panel with hook.

Basically uses a gel padded rubberized liner with hook on the outside which uses the friction fit of the rubberized side in lieu of velcro to velcro or keepers. Similar to how they’re their padded war belt sleeves are held in place but without the bulk.

https://www.highspeedgear.com/95mg0-95mgl

Then just wear what ever pants belt you like.

The volund belt seems to fit the bill. I used it for a little bit in a seminar today. No radio, tazer, or weapon for weight, so not a true test. But we did do some weapons retention stuff and it was a good lock up with velcro. We'll see how comfort is after a few shifts.

Ah. Basketweave. Suddenly the necessity to stick with a certain outer belt makes sense… Just turn policy upside down and you’re good.

Did you end up getting the normal thickness Volund Biothane belt or the thinner one?

Why not just buy a Bianchi belt with hook interior instead of loop, they make such a thing and it appears it would solve all your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Did you end up getting the normal thickness Volund Biothane belt or the thinner one?
    Standard, not the slim one.

Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    Why not just buy a Bianchi belt with hook interior instead of loop, they make such a thing and it appears it would solve all your problems.
    That would mean buying both a new Bianchi belt and a new inner belt.

Looks like you found a set up that you like.

FWIW, I wound up ditching the mating velcro thing some time ago and went back to using keepers. In no particular order:
    • I had enough stuff on my duty belt that there was precious little usable velcro showing.
    • I like the keepers to keep certain pouches from crowding each other.
    • I'd seen at least one case of an officer in a scuffle having her entire duty belt peeled off her body.
    • I'd seen numerous other officers (who seems to ditch the duty belt whenever they get into the office) miss mating the belts at the 6 o'clock, so that the duty belt rode above or below the inner belt and looking like a bag of smashed assholes.

I also replaced the factory plastic buckle on the duty belt with a 2.25" cobra buckle from Amazon. Well worth the money.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Looks like you found a set up that you like.

FWIW, I wound up ditching the mating velcro thing some time ago and went back to using keepers. In no particular order:
    • I had enough stuff on my duty belt that there was precious little usable velcro showing.
    • I like the keepers to keep certain pouches from crowding each other.
    • I'd seen at least one case of an officer in a scuffle having her entire duty belt peeled off her body.
    • I'd seen numerous other officers (who seems to ditch the duty belt whenever they get into the office) miss mating the belts at the 6 o'clock, so that the duty belt rode above or below the inner belt and looking like a bag of smashed assholes.

I also replaced the factory plastic buckle on the duty belt with a 2.25" cobra buckle from Amazon. Well worth the money.
    I actually use both velcro and keepers. That photo was just quick for the forum, but I normally have keepers as well. I've zip ties some pouches in place, and added adhesive loop velcro to the back of the pouches. I'll keep the cobra buckle in mind, I've seen one of our guys doing that.

User Tag List