Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small dia. Not small dacap pins

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I’m a fan of the Mighty Armory die. I decap a lot of small flash hole brass. 6BR, 22BR, 22GT, 6x47L, 6Creed, 308 Palma, etc…. Obviously does not help if you are trying to decap and resize in the same die.
    All true, but mine does have the flicker as well. I bought it after I lost the decapping pin in my RCBS Universal Decapping Die, I assume it got pulled out by a 357 SIG case. This is absolutely impossible with the Mighty Decapper.

I never did find the RCBS pin either. I assume it's mixed in with my stainless tumbling pins. At least that's my hope.
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

@CCT125US, I wonder if you could turn down a Squirrel Daddy pin by spinning it in a hand drill on a file?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

The SD pin is tapered. Cinch it down and feed it gradually, it will swage the flash hole out.
    Or just discard the oddballs.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @CCT125US, I wonder if you could turn down a Squirrel Daddy pin by spinning it in a hand drill on a file?
    I think they are hardened, probably need some kind of grinding rather than file, probably wouldn't take much. And they are cheap, so experiment.

I am also kinda glad I am not the only one preferring the ironic combo of a $25 die in a $2500 reloading press...

ETA: I am also starting to experiment with the notion of pre-processing my brass. Before the RL1100 I would size and deprime in the Lee APP, a necessary step to be able to swage in the APP. Since I would wash them before loading I could lube them generously with the lanolin and it was like sizing butter. Now I kinda miss how easily they loaded and have been tinkering with running them through the 1100 just to get them sized. A friend milled some extra adjustment points in the handle so I could choke it up to be a really short stroke. This is not something I am all in on yet, but experimenting. Something I just do while between loading sessions, brain dead relaxing, since it is not loading maybe sip on a beverage. This also helps cull out the Berdan, Norma, 380, .40 and stones.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 07-05-2023 at 06:21 AM.

I try to avoid double handling, progressive all the way for pistol ammo.
    I do pre-size in a “U” die cases to be used for light slick .46 bullets, 200 gr and lighter jacketed or plated.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List