Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Always do your safety checks

Huh? OK, your "bridge" is my "baffle."
    On the rare occasion that I empty my measure, I am careful to get out any powder trapped under it.

A guy here showed just how strong the Armalite AR50 is when he put H50BMG in his measure without clearing out all the Varget. I wasn't there, but a friend who was said the blast and recoil were stunning.

Did a bullet and powder change several months ago for a friend.
    That must be a very good friend. I am loading for my IDPA protege but she gets the same load I shoot.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Did a bullet and powder change several months ago for a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    That must be a very good friend. I am loading for my IDPA protege but she gets the same load I shoot.
    Yeah, this. Since I sunk all the money into a RL1100 with MBF I am happy to help my friends, cause it sure is fun to use my cool new tool, but this is all on the condition that they use what I use. I like my charge weight and the bullet feeder is working great, and I am not tinkering with either.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Dillon

Also, just learned about this product:

https://youtu.be/a5G4d6OuuHs
    That is way too fiddly. I just remove the failsafe rod, back off the two cap screws and remove the whole measure. Takes like 15 seconds max. Then I dump it back in the jug. I'm OCD, I want every kernel back in the jug!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    That is way too fiddly. I just remove the failsafe rod, back off the two cap screws and remove the whole measure. Takes like 15 seconds max.
    I agree, I think the money might be better spent an a nice set of ball-end drivers, I bought these (also got the metric ones) and have loved having them handy. The cap screws on the presses can be awkward on a crowded toolhead, this makes it much easier.

I got one of those spring loaded bare hands measure hold downs which would be handy if I dumped or changed powder. Still takes me a tool to get the clip off the failsafe rod, though.

https://usa-shop.armanov.com/shop/qr...tegory=2#attr=
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List