Thread: Glock 26 with Jagerwerks milled/cerakoted slide - slide not going into battery

Glock 26 with Jagerwerks milled/cerakoted slide - slide not going into battery

Purchased Glock 26. Didn't test fire it, unfortunately.
    Slide sent off to Jagerwerks for milling/RMR install/cerakote.

After receiving the slide back, the slide doesn't go into battery. It happens in the following scenarios:
    • Slide locked back, chamber empty. Loaded magazine inserted, slide released with slide stop >> slide doesn't go into battery.
    • During firing, the slide doesn't go into battery 70% of the time.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

First thing I would check is the depth of the right optic screw and see if it is protruding in the bearing channel, touching the bearing rod, and causing the extractor to not function properly.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Noted.

Learning has occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    First thing I would check is the depth of the right optic screw and see if it is protruding in the bearing channel, touching the bearing rod, and causing the extractor to not function properly.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You can push on the extractor to make sure that it'll move outward. If it doesn't, then the above is more than likely the culprit.

I forgot to add that you can also remove the back plate on the slide and see if the bearing rod moves freely and can be removed. If the screw is touching the bearing rod, that should show you.

One of the first things I did after installing an RMR on a stripped Jagerwerks milled/nitrided 26.5 slide, was inspect the channel the "Extractor Depressor Plunger and Spring Assembly" rides in, to make sure the screw wasn't interfering with function. I used the supplied screws from Jagerwerks, not the Trijicon ones. No issues with mine, but the hole does pass into the channel. I did all of my own optic mounting and reassembly.

I'd also make sure the whole assembly is inserted the correct way (metal to metal, plastic to plastic) and not reversed.

Dumb question: are you using fresh OEM Glock magazines?

Couldn't it just be function fired without the optic mounted with no screws?

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Couldn't it just be function fired without the optic mounted with no screws?
    Yes. That's the next step.

User Tag List