Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Springfield pistol comin on 7/12/23!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Wonder if it is a domestic product or another Slobbovian import.
    I will ask at the show and tell.
    HS Produkt is my guess since that's where the XD and Hell Cat come from. Also that bull pup rifle.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I see that my member range is participating. I wonder how many WA state 10 round magazines Springfield is providing?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Pic posted on another forum. Obviously "leaked" from SA dealer or media info.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Oh. A game-changing polymer frame double-stack pistol.

Again.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Pic posted on another forum. Obviously "leaked" from SA dealer or media info.
    Looks like the slide and barrel are S/N marked, as well as the FCU (assuming it has an FCU). That contrasts with Sig's FCU implementation, in that the FCU is the only serialized component in the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Looks like the slide and barrel are S/N marked, as well as the FCU (assuming it has an FCU). That contrasts with Sig's FCU implementation, in that the FCU is the only serialized component in the gun.
    Whether or not Serializing parts of the gun other than the “frame”, I don’t see being related to the FCU design..?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Isn’t that normal for guns in Europe? I expect they plan to sell them where they are made so it’s easier to have one production line.

I am happy to see stippling on the frame ahead of the trigger where the support them rests. Wish more manufacturers did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Whether or not Serializing parts of the gun other than the “frame”, I don’t see being related to the FCU design..?
    I see your point. I was just remarking on how less convenient having a s/n on the barrel, slide AND frame was over the P365 implementation, where you can mix and match. I don't know USPS regulations, but if you mail a serialized barrel or slide, is it an FFL to FFL thing, or not so much? I guess I don't see any benefit to it. It kinda reminds me of when I took apart a wartime Walther P38 for a friend once, and found out that the gun's s/n was stamped on all kinds of teeny parts inside. I guess it is a European thing.

Anyway, thanks, you made me think about this.

Going off these leaked photos it appears that the pistol uses interchangeable back strap inserts. So maybe not a chassis gun at all?

It looks Glock-like to me. Like an after market slide and frame set.

User Tag List