Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: New Springfield pistol comin on 7/12/23!

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    On IG Noner reports a co-worker has 2K rounds on one and it’s been solid.
    Here's a screen shot of that:

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I handled one at a shop today.

The grip was comfortable and felt anchored well in hand. The texture was fine but seemed like it may slip with sweat.

The magwell opening seemed generous.

I expected the ambi mag release to hit my gun hand knuckle, as most do, but i didn't have any issues getting a mag to drop in the shop. That may change with speed.

The slide stop has me in the fence. It seemed hard to get to activate, but they all are when new and without a round in the mag, and was very minimal but what little shelf it had was pronounced. I don't think anyone will have an issue riding it. Over the top or sling shotters won't mind it.

Trigger was fine. I'm no trigger snob so probably not the best judge. It reminded me of a glock performance trigger by maybe with a touch more takeup. Or Walther like. It will certainly suffice.

Serrations were great and made manipulation easy.

I think i was impressed enough for a new striker gun. I'd like to shoot one. I'm looking forward to seeing the evolution of this one.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter
    The additional grip modules just went live on Springfield's site. I was able to order the large aggressive texture module just now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    The additional grip modules just went live on Springfield's site. I was able to order the large aggressive texture module just now.
    Oh that's cool they are offering different textures.

If I was looking to swap from Glock, which I'm not, I'd totally carry the stock texture for my dry in air conditioning hands, and then practice and compete in the summer with an aggressive one for my outdoor heat crazily sweaty hands.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I handled one at a shop today.

The grip was comfortable and felt anchored well in hand. The texture was fine but seemed like it may slip with sweat.

The magwell opening seemed generous.

I expected the ambi mag release to hit my gun hand knuckle, as most do, but i didn't have any issues getting a mag to drop in the shop. That may change with speed.

The slide stop has me in the fence. It seemed hard to get to activate, but they all are when new and without a round in the mag, and was very minimal but what little shelf it had was pronounced. I don't think anyone will have an issue riding it. Over the top or sling shotters won't mind it.

Trigger was fine. I'm no trigger snob so probably not the best judge. It reminded me of a glock performance trigger by maybe with a touch more takeup. Or Walther like. It will certainly suffice.

Serrations were great and made manipulation easy.

I think i was impressed enough for a new striker gun. I'd like to shoot one. I'm looking forward to seeing the evolution of this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    I handled one at a local gun show, and liked it so far. The small grip frame ought to be even more amenable to my small hands.

Personally, I won't be seriously interested in this or any other new SFA pistol (FN Reflex, etc.) until manual safety versions come online.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

https://youtu.be/1U72aG1NZIg

This reviewer experienced a series of malfunctions that seem related to the magazines. This included baseplate ejections on inserting full mags that resulted in dumping all the rounds in the dirt. He also lost his slide mount cover and pins that came loose during recoil. He mentioned others having similar experiences, but I’ve not seen this reports.

I’m intrigued but will not be in the market until compact frame and slide versions are available. That should give the platform time to mature.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I rented one on Saturday....

No plans to buy one...

It didn't do anything better than a ton of other 9mm pistols, IMHO.
    Last edited by Shipwreck; 08-16-2023 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    . This included baseplate ejections on inserting full mags that resulted in dumping all the rounds in the dirt...
    I don't remember where I saw it but it seems that the "self-disassembling" magazines are from faulty assembly. The base plate on the extended mag is L shaped. The leg of the L has to go outside the mag. It serves as a stop to keep the base plate from moving forward. If the leg of the L is inside the mag it doesn't prevent forward movement and the base pad will come off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I don't remember where I saw it but it seems that the "self-disassembling" magazines are from faulty assembly. The base plate on the extended mag is L shaped. The leg of the L has to go outside the mag. It serves as a stop to keep the base plate from moving forward. If the leg of the L is inside the mag it doesn't prevent forward movement and the base pad will come off.

True story. It looks like it should go on the inside instead, so it is a bit strange, but it solid when assembled correctly.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    So, it is possible that the improper assembly happened at the factory or by the owner. I suppose that this assembly issue was also contributing to faulty follower movement within the mag body and the multiple feeding issues that were experienced.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List