Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: New Springfield pistol comin on 7/12/23!

707 rounds fired so far. 400 rounds of Sterling steel case. Also a few 147 HSTs and some FMJ. The gun continues to work without issue.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Does the Eschelon have a pretensioned /partially cocked trigger or is it like the Glock ?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Does the Eschelon have a pretensioned /partially cocked trigger or is it like the Glock ?
    Pre-tensioned.

I shot a friend's Echelon and really liked it. I figured I'd get one when they come out with the 4" barrel; however, I found it online for 520 shipped, so I went ahead and picked it up b/c I haven't had a full-sized gun in a long time and wanted to try one out again. I seem to shoot these u-notch sights really well (in that I can shoot them fast and keep an acceptable group; what's odd is that when I shoot solely for accuracy at 10-15Y, I tend to see 1.5-2" of vertical stringing--this happened with the Echelon as well as a Hellcat PRO a few weeks ago).

I HAD been planning on grabbing another Glock, but the fact that I could run an SCS-320 optic on the Echelon without milling AND it comes with useable sights and a better trigger (all for less money) sealed the deal.

1. I hope APEX or someone comes out with a standard-sized, single-side, mag-release. I don't want extended.
    2. I also would love to see some method of filling the space in front of and behind optics--even something like the little polymer spacers that Shadow Systems uses would have been fine by me (maybe it's aesthetic, but it also seems like it would help spread out the force somewhere in addition to the lugs and screws).
    Last edited by evi1joe; 10-14-2023 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evi1joe View Post
    2. I also would love to see some method of filling the space in front of and behind optics--even something like the little polymer spacers that Shadow Systems uses would have been fine by me (maybe it's aesthetic, but it also seems like it would help spread out the force somewhere in addition to the lugs and screws).
    C&H is making some optics mounting plates. These essentially replace the Springfield pin sets with specific plates that fit the pin holes in the slide. It looks like these plates do fill the gaps fore and aft of the optic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    C&H is making some optics mounting plates. These essentially replace the Springfield pin sets with specific plates that fit the pin holes in the slide. It looks like these plates do fill the gaps fore and aft of the optic.
    Yikes.
    Then it becomes a question of would you rather raise the optic up and have the gaps filled OR have the optic low with gaps.
    I was thinking something along the lines of paper thin tape with holes for the pins and then just sticking polymer fore and aft of the sight before pressing it in to fit.

What lights are y’all running on your Echelon? I had an Olight laying around but I’d like something that has the switch a bit farther back. My stubby index finger has trouble reaching the switch on the Olight. Name:  IMG_4807.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  101.3 KB

Today @42Willys and I went to the range. I brought a Glock 34 Gen 5 I was sighting in a green dot after a warranty sent me a new one, my Langdon-ized PX4 storm full size, and my duty Glock 17 Gen 5 non-MOS. The range had an Echelon in the case. We decided to rent it at my urging to try it out before considering to buy one. This is a sample size of one and it certainly was dirty and had several rounds down the barrel. I was surprised how well it fit my hand when I picked it up. The ergonomics were dead on. I did a few dry fire reps first. The trigger pull felt odd to me at first. The take up moved into a semi wall that felt spongey before the break/let off. The wall was defined but not in the way the Glock is. It was more of a rolling let off than a snap like the Glock. I loaded up 5 rounds and proceeded to take head shots at 7 yards slow fire. I'm not a ragged whole shooter but, I put the first three rounds through one hole and the fourth and fifth shots right next to them. Color me impressed. I put 80 rounds through it and @42Willys put 20 down range. It gave my PX4 a run for its money. The Echelon is definitely a consideration for future purchase and carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry40sw View Post
    Today @42Willys and I went to the range. I brought a Glock 34 Gen 5 I was sighting in a green dot after a warranty sent me a new one, my Langdon-ized PX4 storm full size, and my duty Glock 17 Gen 5 non-MOS. The range had an Echelon in the case. We decided to rent it at my urging to try it out before considering to buy one. This is a sample size of one and it certainly was dirty and had several rounds down the barrel. I was surprised how well it fit my hand when I picked it up. The ergonomics were dead on. I did a few dry fire reps first. The trigger pull felt odd to me at first. The take up moved into a semi wall that felt spongey before the break/let off. The wall was defined but not in the way the Glock is. It was more of a rolling let off than a snap like the Glock. I loaded up 5 rounds and proceeded to take head shots at 7 yards slow fire. I'm not a ragged whole shooter but, I put the first three rounds through one hole and the fourth and fifth shots right next to them. Color me impressed. I put 80 rounds through it and @42Willys put 20 down range. It gave my PX4 a run for its money. The Echelon is definitely a consideration for future purchase and carry.
    The Echelon is a nice pistol.

832 rounds fired. A mix of JHP, frang, reloads and some more Sterling steel case. Still no malfunctions.

User Tag List