Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: New Springfield pistol comin on 7/12/23!

The 508T arrived today and now sits on top of the Echelon. Cowitness of the irons is very good. They sit low enough to give the shooter a generous amount of unblocked window, but sit high enough that the tritium dot and ring on the front sight is completely visible. I’m still planning on shooting it during at least one stage tomorrow evening at my multigun match. I have the 2x mags that came with the pistol, and I’m still waiting on 4x 17rd mags. They are supposed to arrive tomorrow, hopefully before the MGM, but if not the 2x 20rd mags should be more than enough to get through a stage. The Safariland hasn’t even shipped, but the PHLster is still a very good option.

Name:  IMG_1271.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  25.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_1270.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  29.8 KB

Just picked one up at a gun show today. Looking forward to getting it to the range, probably this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    Just picked one up at a gun show today. Looking forward to getting it to the range, probably this afternoon.
    Let us know how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbonez View Post
    Let us know how you like it.
    It’s a good shooter. I like it a lot. I put about 300 rounds through it. Mixed 115gr & 124gr and 50 rounds of 124gr HST. No issues.

It’s a good shooter. I like it a lot. I put about 300 rounds through it. Mixed 115gr & 124gr and 50 rounds of 124gr HST. No issues.
    Good to hear!

Well I did run the Echelon on a stage today but only fired 3 rounds from it. It was a fixed time stage and I shot my rifle targets first before transitioning to the Echelon. I was only able to get 3 rounds off before the time expired. I also didn’t really zero the dot, so I’m not sure where it’s printing. Updates to follow after I confirm the 508T’s zero and I run it at another match for something more than 3 rounds.

In my very limited experience with the Echelon, my only gripe so far is that the tang is a bit too wide and flat for me. After a while I can feel it rubbing on my thumb knuckle. Definitely not a deal breaker though. The good thing is eventually I can maybe try to reshape it a bit to my liking without worry since I can just buy another grip if I screw it up.

Site Supporter
    In my very limited experience with the Echelon, my only gripe so far is that the tang is a bit too wide and flat for me. After a while I can feel it rubbing on my thumb knuckle. Definitely not a deal breaker though. The good thing is eventually I can maybe try to reshape it a bit to my liking without worry since I can just buy another grip if I screw it up.
    I had to do the same. I did a very rough job thus far and only on the left side of the tang but it fixed the uncomfortableness of it. I will also say that the tang area on the large size grip module is much more comfortable for me than the tang area on the medium size.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    I had to do the same. I did a very rough job thus far and only on the left side of the tang but it fixed the uncomfortableness of it. I will also say that the tang area on the large size grip module is much more comfortable for me than the tang area on the medium size.
    How much material did you remove?

Site Supporter
    How much material did you remove?
    Just a little bit so far. I think I’m gonna take most is the tang off though - trim it back to be about what a factory Glock is.

Name:  IMG_1445.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  23.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_1444.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  21.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Received my large/aggressive grip module for the Echelon yesterday. The more aggressive texture is noticeable and almost m2.0 aggressive but, unfortunately, they didn’t apply it to the back straps. I will say this large module fits my xL gloves hands better and there is a noticeable increase in trigger reach - which I appreciate.
    Can you post a pic of the grip please showing the texture?

User Tag List