Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: New Springfield pistol comin on 7/12/23!

Bought the one from my buddy…

I like the magazine design, especially how there isn’t really a floor plate. Spring directly into the base… done.

The Holosun is coming off. It’s a green one, which really doesn’t work well with my eyes. Going to toss it on my .22 AR for an offset red dot. Buddy is going to find the top plate and I’ll stick with irons until I figure out what I want to do. I’m back/forth on the slide cut. I do like the flexibility, but does it matter to me if it accepts 30+ red dots when I’ll buy one and run it? If I do look for a red dot, I want one lower than the 507C, as it would allow for cowitness with the stock sights.

I like the chassis system. Easy to pull out and shouldn’t have any trigger issues like the P320. I’m not overly confident that Springfield will do the chassis system any justice, but I am hopeful. I would like a long(er) slide, but do want a subcompact setup for it. Doubt they will do a single stack, but I would like to have a few options for sizes.

Trigger is fine… I’m far from a trigger snob. Grew up on DA/SA. Glock trigger works. So does this. But do like the trigger safety, which lends itself to the part above about the P320.

I do like the frame… especially the ambidextrous magazine release. I really wish it was more common. And I really do wish this was what CBP got from their solicitation. The customization would be nice. Having a gun without a trigger pull disassembly might seem odd here, but with the officers I know… it would be beneficial. I’m usually a large grip/backstrap guy. I ended up on the medium. Do like the texture… but with it being almost everywhere… why not do it on the trigger/safety? Think that would have been better than the front of the recoil assembly and the backplate.

I registered the gun a little bit ago. If I get the 15% coupon from Springfield, I’ll probably stock up on magazines and maybe a threaded barrel. I’ll probably just do 17 rounders, then have the 2 that came with the gun at 20 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post

The Holosun is coming off. It’s a green one, which really doesn’t work well with my eyes.

We've found, playing with green vs. red, that the green may have an advantage when working with a WML. The green seems to be easier to see when the target is washed with bright artificial light. This especially seems to be the case when the dot is on auto adjust and is getting confused by the surrounding light or when the dot is in manual but is maybe a little too dim for the situation. Green might be something you want to play with a bit if you're planning on running a light on your new pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    ...especially the ambidextrous magazine release. I really wish it was more common. And I really do wish this was what CBP got from their solicitation.
    The problem with ambi mag releases is the outside button or lever. Some of this is based on holster design and construction and it is important to have a holster that protects the outside lever from bumps, pressure, etc. We saw the occasional released mag on the P2000 from seatbelts, contact with door frames, etc. I'm not saying this will be the case with the Echelon's mag release but it is something to be aware of when shopping for a holster or if the gun is going to be carried off body for whatever reason.

Speaking of mag releases, Apex Tactical has a single-sided mag release https://www.apextactical.com/extende...gfield-echelon that may be worth a look for those who don't need or want the ambi factory release.

Monsoon ported version.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Compared to this fellow's Glock 45:

https://rumble.com/v31j4rn-springfie...le-begins.html
    Giving the Glock a point on price when they both have the same MSRP is silly.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Echelon RMR question

Has anybody mounted a Trijicon RMR to the Echelon? If so what mounting screws did you use and did you use a sealing plate?

Quote Originally Posted by stinx View Post
    Has anybody mounted a Trijicon RMR to the Echelon? If so what mounting screws did you use and did you use a sealing plate?
    I'd probably use the sealing plate but there are probably plenty of people using RMRs on other guns with no plate without problems.

Proper screws, according to Springfield screw kit 1A, are #6-32 9.13mm.

Hilton Yam reports, via Patreon, that he has 1,000 rounds through his sample. He apparently has a video review available but I don't contribute enough to have access.

It doesn't sound like he's had any problems. No issues with the slide failing to lock back nor the base plate coming off the 20 rounder. I haven't had these problems either. They are probably user error.

His future plans are to test the overall robustness of the mounting system from normal impact from manipulations. I assume he'll post youtu.be video(s) at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Hilton Yam reports, via Patreon, that he has 1,000 rounds through his sample. He apparently has a video review available but I don't contribute enough to have access.

It doesn't sound like he's had any problems. No issues with the slide failing to lock back nor the base plate coming off the 20 rounder. I haven't had these problems either. They are probably user error.

His future plans are to test the overall robustness of the mounting system from normal impact from manipulations. I assume he'll post youtu.be video(s) at some point.

On IG Noner reports a co-worker has 2K rounds on one and it’s been solid.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List