Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: New Springfield pistol comin on 7/12/23!

Is the grip angle glock'ish or more 1911? I am looking for a backup/loaner USPSA and was thinking this or M&P. I like everything about the M&P except I don't know if they ever fixed the accuracy issues and I'd really like to leave whatever it is bone stock.

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    Is the grip angle glock'ish or more 1911? I am looking for a backup/loaner USPSA and was thinking this or M&P. I like everything about the M&P except I don't know if they ever fixed the accuracy issues and I'd really like to leave whatever it is bone stock.
    I find the grip angle to be sort of in between. It points slightly high for me but not fully Glock high. Close but not all the way there. Playing with the various grip back straps may change this to an extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry40sw View Post
    ...retirement in 5 years, 4 months and 1 day from today.
    Who's counting? Don't worry. It'll go by quick!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

@Tokarev, I have one observation just from handling the Echelon compared to my Gen 5 Glocks. I can reach and actuate the magazine release on the Echelon without breaking and adjusting my grip where I have to break and adjust my grip on the Glocks to actuate the magazine release.

200 flawless rounds of Norma 124 gr. ball down range. I'm really impressed with this pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry40sw View Post
    200 flawless rounds of Norma 124 gr. ball down range. I'm really impressed with this pistol.
    The trigger should get better. Mine was decent out of the box and has only gotten smoother with use. Even as dirty as that area of the gun is it has a nice smooth trigger.

I had planned on completing the 2K review this past weekend but some stuff came up. Hopefully here in the next day or two I'll be done.

Anyway, it turns out I'm not a trend setter after all....

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...00-round-test/

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Anyway, it turns out I'm not a trend setter after all....
    Great minds think alike.

Another review.

https://inside.safariland.com/blog/s...1mWgapg.XvM6gy

Done!

Time to clean the gun. It is pretty nasty. One thing I note is that brass is hitting the front of my Viridian RFX44. I don't remember seeing anything like this when I had the EPS on here. Guess what? The EPS is going back on. The Viridian seems decent enough but there's no point in playing the "bouncing back into the ejection port because the optic sits too close" game if I don't have to.

Overall this really seems to be a decent handgun. I wouldn't be so bold as to say it is duty ready based on my personal account but I also wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Echelon to someone who was interested in buying one.

What else? Does anyone have any questions I can maybe answer?

Can’t wait to see what the smaller versions are like! I am curious if they take it all the way to micro; compact, sub, micro. Modularity is great. If they offer a micro which can be configured like the P365 series would be outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Can’t wait to see what the smaller versions are like! I am curious if they take it all the way to micro; compact, sub, micro. Modularity is great. If they offer a micro which can be configured like the P365 series would be outstanding.
    Right? I don't know what has kept SA from better supporting this gun. I have no doubt that G19 and/or G45 options will be available. I just wonder what's taken so long to get these to market. Unanticipated demand or some sort of manufacturing difficulty?

A couple other things would be nice to see. A version with a (correctly designed and ergonomic) thumb safety would be nice. I think there would also be some interest in a slide that's direct milled for an ACRO or 509T. The VIS seems decent enough but I think departments looking at the Echelon might prefer a direct mount option.

User Tag List