Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New Springfield pistol comin on 7/12/23!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I see your point. I was just remarking on how less convenient having a s/n on the barrel, slide AND frame was over the P365 implementation, where you can mix and match. I don't know USPS regulations, but if you mail a serialized barrel or slide, is it an FFL to FFL thing, or not so much? I guess I don't see any benefit to it. It kinda reminds me of when I took apart a wartime Walther P38 for a friend once, and found out that the gun's s/n was stamped on all kinds of teeny parts inside. I guess it is a European thing.

Anyway, thanks, you made me think about this.
    Parts, having a serial number have zero effect on whether or not they can be shipped in the United States. Either it’s a frame/receiver, which is a firearm or it’s not.

As discussed, the Europeans currently have regulations treating barrels and both halves of upper/lower receivers as a Firearms but that has zero affect in the United States.

On older guns, multiple parts would often be serialized to be able to keep them together because the parts were not always 100% drop-in interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Parts, having a serial number have zero effect on whether or not they can be shipped in the United States. Either it’s a frame/receiver, which is a firearm or it’s not.

As discussed, the Europeans currently have regulations treating barrels and both halves of upper/lower receivers as a Firearms but that has zero affect in the United States.

On older guns, multiple parts would often be serialized to be able to keep them together because the parts were not always 100% drop-in interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Our regulations only deal with the part that’s legally considered the firearm in the US. If this is a FCG chassis handgun, then the serialized chassis is the firearm. It doesn’t matter here that the other parts are also serialized to comply with the laws of the European country where the gun is built. You used to run Glocks, right? The barrels, frames, and slides are all serialized on the Austrian made guns. I’ll have to check my US made gun to see if that translated here, but the point is you can ship and receive barrels and slides through USPS without an FFL. The only way this affects American customers is that some people don’t want mismatched serial numbers on their gun so they’ll be less likely to play Legos with their Echelon the way they do with a P365. If mismatched serial numbers don’t bother you, go nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by MTP View Post
    It is. Frame/lower receiver, slide/upper receiver and barrel all need to be serialized at these are all controlled/restricted items. Can't buy a barrel over the internet and have it delivered to you directly.
    Same thing for revolver cylinders and bolts, but afaik there is no legal requirement to serialize these (yet...).

Also, this may vary slightly depending on which European country we are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    US made Glocks still have serial numbers on all three parts…
    Yes, I think I get it by now...

Weren’t the Canuckistanis starting to serialize all major components? I thought I read that someplace.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

In here because I’d be happy with a factory direct milled rmr setup, still have not found a dot I like more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Wonder if it is a domestic product or another Slobbovian import.
    I will ask at the show and tell.
    Always wild to see how little gun guys know about HS Produkt. Croatia is a European Union country and HS is arguably the most advanced and fully integrated small arms manufacturer in the world. Every single component for all of their guns are made "in-house" on a single manufacturing campus. Most US manufacturers are mostly assembly plants that buy parts from vendors all over the globe. No "gun guy" could seriously trash HS with a straight face.

https://hs-produkt.hr/about-us

https://www.springfield-armory.com/e...elon-handguns/

"The Echelon™ from Springfield Armory sets a new standard for modern, striker-fired duty pistols. With a host of patent-pending features, this modular and highly adaptable handgun is designed around a robust stainless steel chassis and revolutionary optics mounting system."

"At the heart of the Echelon lies the all-new Central Operating Group (COG). Employing cutting edge manufacturing techniques, the COG is entirely self-contained and serialized allowing it to be easily moved between grip modules in seconds. Precision built from stainless steel, the chassis provides a robust housing for its patent-pending operating system."

"Concealed beneath the slide cover plate is the Echelon’s patent-pending optic mounting system. The Variable Interface System (VIS) allows users to mount over 30 optics directly to the slide without the use of adapter plates. Simply configure the self-locking pins for the footprint of your desired optic to achieve a low, direct mount for improved sight picture and intuitive alignment."

"The Variable Interface System (VIS) employs patent-pending self-locking pins to complete the most advanced optics mounting system on the market. As the mounting screws are torqued to spec, the pins exert lateral pressure on the optic’s interior mounting surface to eliminate variance and left/right movement. The result is an unparalleled fit between the slide and a wide variety optics."

Out of all this the "VIS" is the most interesting to me. Self-adapting red dot mounts with no plate would be pretty cool, if it actually works.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quite a few examples on gunbroker.com this morning.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-...13&PageSize=96

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 07-12-2023 at 06:20 AM.

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

It looks like a well thought out pistol. And the proportions are verty Glock like, I wonder if it .ight work with some Glock holsters.

Definitely want to see the optic system in detail

User Tag List