Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New Springfield pistol comin on 7/12/23!

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Isn’t that normal for guns in Europe? I expect they plan to sell them where they are made so it’s easier to have one production line.
    It is. Frame/lower receiver, slide/upper receiver and barrel all need to be serialized at these are all controlled/restricted items. Can't buy a barrel over the internet and have it delivered to you directly.
    Same thing for revolver cylinders and bolts, but afaik there is no legal requirement to serialize these (yet...).

Also, this may vary slightly depending on which European country we are talking about.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Going off these leaked photos it appears that the pistol uses interchangeable back strap inserts. So maybe not a chassis gun at all?
    The APX and 365 Macro (and probably others I'm not familiar with, those are just the two I've had) are chassis guns with interchangeable backstraps and interchangeable grip frames.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I see your point. I was just remarking on how less convenient having a s/n on the barrel, slide AND frame was over the P365 implementation, where you can mix and match. I don't know USPS regulations, but if you mail a serialized barrel or slide, is it an FFL to FFL thing, or not so much? I guess I don't see any benefit to it. It kinda reminds me of when I took apart a wartime Walther P38 for a friend once, and found out that the gun's s/n was stamped on all kinds of teeny parts inside. I guess it is a European thing.

Anyway, thanks, you made me think about this.
    Our regulations only deal with the part that’s legally considered the firearm in the US. If this is a FCG chassis handgun, then the serialized chassis is the firearm. It doesn’t matter here that the other parts are also serialized to comply with the laws of the European country where the gun is built. You used to run Glocks, right? The barrels, frames, and slides are all serialized on the Austrian made guns. I’ll have to check my US made gun to see if that translated here, but the point is you can ship and receive barrels and slides through USPS without an FFL. The only way this affects American customers is that some people don’t want mismatched serial numbers on their gun so they’ll be less likely to play Legos with their Echelon the way they do with a P365. If mismatched serial numbers don’t bother you, go nuts.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’ll have to check my US made gun to see if that translated here, but the point is you can ship and receive barrels and slides through USPS without an FFL. The only way this affects American customers is that some people don’t want mismatched serial numbers on their gun so they’ll be less likely to play Legos with their Echelon the way they do with a P365. If mismatched serial numbers don’t bother you, go nuts.
    US made Glocks still have serial numbers on all three parts…

Glockers get right distraught when they have to replace a numbered part and their gun no longer matches.
    You would think it was a Slobbovian Contract Luger instead of the most mass produced gun on the market.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Slight thread drift, on the subject of 'new-ish' euro requirements when it comes to markings and serializing components. Colt developed the Colt CR6920-EC (European Carbine) :-D

Lower receiver, barrel and upper receiver are serial numbered
    Major components are marked with US (country of manufacture) and 23 (year of manufacture).
    Bolt carrier is serial numbered
    Bolt is serial numbered
    10 round magazine
    Chambered in .223

Link to the European Directive regulating (sigh..) all of this.

I hope the majority of US manufacturers will continue to have these 'Euro' compliant guns done as separate SKUs or manufacturing runs, similar to what Colt is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Oh. A game-changing polymer frame double-stack pistol.

Again.
    2 words....

Glock Killer.
    A71593

Quote Originally Posted by nwhpfan View Post
    2 words....

Glock Killer.
    Yet, Glock still getting contracts after all the other “Glock killers” being released…

When the XD was released, I always said that I’d want to see what a US designer could have come up with instead of taking a Croatian design and slapping “Springfield Armory” on it. If they did it again, oh well… but I really don’t see myself switching.

I mainly stick with Glock because that’s what I’m issued and it is easy to have the same magazine format between guns. Duty gun magazines fit my suppressed SBR among other guns I have.

If I was going into it blind without anything swaying me… it would likely be looking more into a FN 509.

Site Supporter
    I have some money coming up. I might take some time with this depending.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sikiguya View Post
    Screw Springfield Armory. Those traitorous bastards can choke on their products. Betraying the 2a community has a price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Not this shit again?
    Agreed. Get sick of this talking point b******t.

Besides karma has taken care of Springfield armory by making sure any product they release that’s not a 1911 sucks lol

User Tag List