Thread: Forty-five years of on/off duty knives

Forty-five years of on/off duty knives

The only knives I was ever issued were Camillus and Ontario.

I purchased knives from Victorinox, Wegner, Puma, Mora, Glock, Spyderco, Buck, and Gerber from 1978-1984.

Bought the Nighthawk in 1994 because I was a Nighthawk for a time (4450th Tactical Group). One of our guys got one from the CEO of Buck.

That was the last knife I bought until last week when I picked up the Gerber Strongarm and Buck GCK just because; I have no need for them at all. No pics of the Moras, Glocks, Spydercos.

All were used as tools, never as weapons. Lucky me.

Along the way I broke several issued Ontarios (fell down and off and out of things a lot, landed on them), I lost an Endura walking the dog (had two, and still have the other), and a Delica is somewhere in the house...

A sharpening stone, Bear Cutmaster, and file are all I've ever used to keep my knives and arrows sharp enough.

I use axes, saws, and prybars for chopping, sawing, and prying.

I live in a state where only folding "pocket knives" may be concealed. Any other knife, of any size or kind, will be considered a "weapon" and may not be concealed. No switchblades, daggers, or butterfly knives at all. If it's concealed it better be practical, not tactical. Odd, but that is where the case law stands.

I have a sgian dubh I got from my father. He got it from a guy who brought a knife to a gunfight that broke out at a card game, but that's a story for another day.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelOrick View Post
    . No pics of the Moras, Glocks, Spydercos.
    Fixed that.

Have done the most knifey things with these (except for the other pocket folders).

Some polymer stuff I got as gifts work better than I thought. Can motivate you to get off and go away.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

User Tag List