Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: That moment when you realize you have no idea where 8 speedloaders full of GDHP went

Site Supporter
    This thread reminds me to check somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Have you checked the washer and dryer? That's where I've sent a speed strip full of Gold Dots in the past. Also more recently a POM unit. My AirPods should be concerned.
    Right after posting this I washed my range Sharpie that I forgot to take out of a shirt pocket.

ETA the Gold Dots went off when I tried them, by the way. Washed, not dried.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I've been carrying my P99C and carry a spare mag too...which disappeared along with the mag carrier. It's not in the usual places. Luckily I have a total of 13 mags for this gun and several boxes of 124-grain +P HST as well as another mag carrier, so it's a bother rather than a hindrance. It verily doth tick me off, though.
    ...and the magazine with carrier reappeared. It was right where it was supposed to be, I managed to not see it when I was looking. Sheesh.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Site Supporter
    Maybe not quite the same line of thinking…

I was cleaning one of my 7 year old’s room (wife took them on a road trip to see family) and in the process of installing new blinds and patching and painting things. I washed the sheets.

I found a plastic play knife under his pillow. Felt a little more love for him than the minute before.

I have all my possessions thinned and tight but often have “oh shit, that’s right” I do own that.

I moved a year ago with two chainsaws. I now have 8, how the f?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Every day I lose something. I’m on my second set of XS Knipex Cobras.
    Channel Lock pliers are always appreciated as a gift anytime. Mine seem to have legs and just walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Have you checked the washer and dryer? That's where I've sent a speed strip full of Gold Dots in the past. Also more recently a POM unit. My AirPods should be concerned.
    Yep. That's where I found my missing Spyderco today.

I got home from church a few years ago and discovered that my CCW spare mag was gone from the carrier. Did it fall out and is sitting in the pew? Do I go back to church and ask to look for it? No one knows I carry. What's the cleaning crew going to say when they find a pistol mag right where I usually sit?

Several anxious hours go by.

I found it on top of the dresser. I had never put it in the carrier before leaving for church. I was carrying without a reload.

I was both happy and sad.

Site Supporter
    I still have a key ring bought in March, 1967, the cancelled check for my first Gun Digest bought in 1958, and the book itself. However, not long ago I discovered a shotgun that I had forgot about. I may have lost my mind but don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post

I moved a year ago with two chainsaws. I now have 8, how the f?
    They never told you that chainsaws come in both male and female form?

The spawn rate approaches that of rabbits.

I have revolver stuff from my late dad that he forgot he had, which was then discovered by me later.
    I then forgot I had it and discovered it again about two years later.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    ...and the magazine with carrier reappeared.
    On a deer hunting trip I lost mine. Started adding it up, Wilson mag full of carry ammo in a Sparks pouch, flirting with about $100 back when that was more than a dinner tab.
    I was glad I found it the next day in the daylight, (fortunately) right next to the turd bucket...

User Tag List