Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: That moment when you realize you have no idea where 8 speedloaders full of GDHP went

Site Supporter
    I want to know why the screw size in a gadget I buy (of various types) is always just smaller than the set of bits of that type, that I bought.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Because you bought the wrong bits?
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

There's a black hole in my house. I have things that I have not seen in 20 years that never went out of my house. I've given up wondering what happened to certain knives, gun magazines and even a very nice left handed Rosen P9 holster. Gone forever at this point

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I am delighted to report that the mystery is solved. Turns out that the missing loaders were in a zip lock freezer bag on the second shelf of my safe, behind 4 K-frames, 4 J-frames, a 2.75” Speed Six, and under a pile of docs, including the title to a ‘63 dart. Mostly, the ziplock bag of DS-sized loaders was obscured by the Crown Royal bag full of M3 loaders that I got for the Speed-Six. Honest mistake.

The upside is: remembering that I have 3 identical skallywag daggers, instead of two, an extra Gen 5 gadget that I forgot, a .22 cal PPK clone that slipped my mind, and most interestingly, the Kizer inversion that I “put with the 640 pro J-frame so I would know where it was” when I bought an Emerson Elvia from a member here.

I’m carrying the Kizer as I type. And I’m back in business seeing how the 856 Exec treats me for Thurs night fun shoots—the whole point of finding the errant speedloaders.

Tonight while looking for a 1911 holster I found an iwb Ruger blackhawk holster that I don't really remember buying though I remember wanting to buy it.😂🤣

Quote Originally Posted by valian View Post
    Tonight while looking for a 1911 holster I found an iwb Ruger blackhawk holster that I don't really remember buying though I remember wanting to buy it.😂🤣
    Do you at least still own the gun? Asking for a friend...

Site Supporter
    In a box of speed loaders, I did find a SW 651 22 Magnum speed loader for a gun gone years ago. Should have kept it just for grins. I didn't like the loads at that time for the gun. Better 22 mag Js nowadays but not interested in them.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Do you at least still own the gun? Asking for a friend...
    Oh yeah I do still have the gun and I know where it is too🤣😂

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Thats funny.

If I could eliminate one screw drive type, it would be Phillips.

The only advantage they have over slotted screws is compatibility with power-drivers for low torque applications.

A slotted bit can be flat ground and precisely fit to the screw slot and torqued tighter without buggering. They look much better than Phillips.

The only reason I can think that Phillips still exists is the screws and bits are cheaper to manufacture than the far-superior square drive (Roberts), Allen and Torx.
    JIS or die. It’s the ultimate hipster screw bit, looks like Phillips, but gets buggered to shit if you don’t use the special Japanese made screwdrivers that regular folks have never heard of.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    JIS or die. It’s the ultimate hipster screw bit, looks like Phillips, but gets buggered to shit if you don’t use the special Japanese made screwdrivers that regular folks have never heard of.
    I have a full set of small sizes, because Nikon.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I have washed speed loaders full of ammo and heard righteous anger over that.
    Better to do that than wash a pair of hiking jeans and forget about the kleenex in two pockets. Those shreds go everywhere in the load.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List