Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: P228/M11/P229 9mm Sweet Spot

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    That’s awesome. I know these guns can stand up to rounds. My P229 has some mileage—but it’s still very accurate and very pleasant gun to shoot.

In case anyone’s looking for sight options… I’ve been using an Ameriglo front with the stock rear aperture. I just black out the rear dot, and the sight picture is perfect (for me, anyway). And you’re only buying one sight. I have one of my P239s and my P245 set up that way. Love the way they shoot in that configuration.

Attachment 107031Attachment 107032

I need to get P229 on that level, stat. And my P6.

How do the P239 and P245 compare in size and loaded weight?

I doubt I will get a Sig anytime soon, but I still enjoy thinking about how common TDA/DAK Sigs were when I first started my career.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How do the P239 and P245 compare in size and loaded weight?

I doubt I will get a Sig anytime soon, but I still enjoy thinking about how common TDA/DAK Sigs were when I first started my career.
    They're similar, for sure. But different enough to matter, I guess...

Name:  Screen Shot 2023-07-12 at 2.36.21 AM.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  101.2 KB

This is my .357 P239--so it has the taller, heavier slide. But, for compact single stacks in a heavier calibers, I think they're the ones to compare.

I haven't weighed them, but I think the .357 P239 feels a bit heavier than the P245? That might just be because it feels more dense. The slides on the .40/.357 P239s feel like little bricks of steel. The 9mm P239 just feels smaller and lighter overall.

The P245's slide is a bit longer. Which I don't mind for AIWB. Overall height is similar, but the grip itself is slightly shorter on the P245. In some ways, I think the P245 might carry a bit better? But when you go down to the 9mm P239, I feel like it's kind of a different gun, with a slightly different role... it's the handiest, in my opinion. Whereas the .40/.357 P239s and the P245 seem more like mid-sized hand cannons. Subjective, of course.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 07-12-2023 at 01:58 AM.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

In case anyone’s looking for sight options… I’ve been using an Ameriglo front with the stock rear aperture. I just black out the rear dot, and the sight picture is perfect (for me, anyway). And you’re only buying one sight. I have one of my P239s and my P245 set up that way. Love the way they shoot in that configuration.
    Another option not often pictured. Here's the Trijicon Fiber sights on a P6 (also fits the P228, not sure if it's a different sku for the P229). The front sight honestly isn't great IMO and was a PITA to file and install.
    The rear, however, is excellent. The notch is probably nearly double the depth of most and a nice and tight 0.125" width (.110" front sight width).

Name:  20211116_160957_tn.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  23.7 KB Name:  20211116_161045_tn.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  22.2 KB
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Site Supporter
    That’s awesome. I know these guns can stand up to rounds. My P229 has some mileage—but it’s still very accurate and very pleasant gun to shoot.

I need to get P229 on that level, stat. And my P6.
    That's the sight I have ordered and I'm going to use the stock rear sight. I have orders in with Brownell's, Midway, Sig. Ameriglo, and a NcStar Front and Rear Sight Tool. Just need to decide when my second 228 arrives as to which one I'll modify and which I'll leave stock or basically so. I won't change anything on that one that I can't return to original condition. At least I had holsters that work with the 228.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy1 View Post
    Just visited Sig's website and found the weight variations with P229 interesting.

P229: 34.4 oz
    Elite: 32.0 oz
    Pro: 30.1 oz
    Legion: 31.1 oz
    M11A1: 29.6 oz
    Just weighed my P228 Loaded with 14 115gr. HP. 34.90 oz.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Another member has a P228 in the For Sale Forum if anyone is looking for one. I have NO Connection to that member or the sale of the pistol. Mods please delete if I have violated any rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I picked up a P229R in .40S&W for four bills. It's from 2009, Germany frame, and AMxxxxxx SN. Anything I should be watching out for?

Thanks,
    Jon

I use that same sight (#6) on my P250c with the factory rear.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter

A Brace Of 228's

My second P228 arrived yesterday. (Bottom one in the Photo). It's a West German Pistol with correct serial numbers, date code and proof marks. It's a 1994 Pistol. I'm replacing all springs in both pistols with Wolff Spring Kits. And changing the Breech Block Pins. Pistol #1 is going to be a back up in the safe. Pistol #2 is getting an Ameriglo Front Sight, the spring replacement to include a 19lb hammer spring, a Short Reach Trigger and Hogue G10 Contour Classic Inverse Checkered Grips.

Name:  Twin P228.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  67.1 KB

ya done good...
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

User Tag List