Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LEATHER Optic Friendly AIWB Recommendations -Glock 17

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    I have one of these coming in probably 1-2 weeks for a P2000. I was planning on getting pics of it since I haven't seen many elsewhere. Seems to have a lot of nice features with the sewn loops and claw.
    Very interested to see what you think when you get it.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I likes Tim's work, but that particular holster appears to have zero AIWB features other than lowering the ride height and changing the cant.id like to see a wing or build up wedge behind the belt loop to tuck the butt in.
    I'm curious which handguns you've used this holster in. I've had it for M9A3, Stacatto C, G45, and one other that is right on the tip of my tongue. They all worked fine, were comfortable in a variety of activities, and concealed well. "Is that a colostomy bag or are you just happy to see me" are words which have never been uttered when using this holster.

First holster I have not had to add a wedge to, or anything else for that matter.

DB's short write up on said holster, not really a review but some decent pics,
    https://www.athlonoutdoors.com/artic...ppendix-carry/
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    Body type and aiwb usually matters most. Leather makes it easier. Leather
    I have found are more comfortable. Kydex just gets in the way with age and time.

I have one of these coming in probably 1-2 weeks for a P2000. I was planning on getting pics of it since I haven't seen many elsewhere. Seems to have a lot of nice features with the sewn loops and claw.
    Just curious if you got your hands on this holster yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Just curious if you got your hands on this holster yet.
    I did. Haven't taken pics yet but will try to in the next few days. Just wearing it a bit around the house and getting a feel for it. My initial feeling is I don't like the sewn loops. The way they're sewn kind of forces them to have sort of an outboard angle to them. This is also evident on most of the pics of that holster on their Instagram page. I wish they would have sewn them with sort of a molded relief such that the loops sat flat on the holster body at rest and might also do so on the belt. Even on the belt, the outside half of the loops are still sort of angled outward (or at least the bottom of the loop has an exaggerated curve), so the loops print a bit more than they should.

I have seen pics on their Instagram of at least one other attachment method that looks detachable; a riveted split belt loop. I think I might contact them to see if they offer or could accommodate any other options, like DCC clips.

The holster body is nice, and the fit to the gun is okay, though I think it could be a little better (take my words with a grain, I almost always think this ), particularly around the top half of the slide. Re-holstering seems to require a lot of force. At least quite a bit more so than the few other leather IWB holsters I have left. I have the gun in a thick bag, breaking it in, and have let it go for a couple days.

It does have a section of hook and loop sewn on the back for adding pads, so that's nice. What I was hoping for with this one is effectively a leather version of the JMCK WC 2.5, since I love those holsters and that general format. This certainly mirrors that format more closely than any other leather holster I've seen. It also conceals well from the claw of course. I think the attachment method could use optimizing but, I'm not sure if I'm just nitpicking considering it's been quite a few years since I last used a leather IWB for any length of time.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

The Glock Condom from SOB tactical may meet your requirements. The Glock Condom appears to be a slim and trim leather AIWB holster. I know folks who have used them. I have never used one personally .

I did. Haven't taken pics yet but will try to in the next few days. Just wearing it a bit around the house and getting a feel for it. My initial feeling is I don't like the sewn loops. The way they're sewn kind of forces them to have sort of an outboard angle to them. This is also evident on most of the pics of that holster on their Instagram page. I wish they would have sewn them with sort of a molded relief such that the loops sat flat on the holster body at rest and might also do so on the belt. Even on the belt, the outside half of the loops are still sort of angled outward (or at least the bottom of the loop has an exaggerated curve), so the loops print a bit more than they should.

I have seen pics on their Instagram of at least one other attachment method that looks detachable; a riveted split belt loop. I think I might contact them to see if they offer or could accommodate any other options, like DCC clips.

The holster body is nice, and the fit to the gun is okay, though I think it could be a little better (take my words with a grain, I almost always think this ), particularly around the top half of the slide. Re-holstering seems to require a lot of force. At least quite a bit more so than the few other leather IWB holsters I have left. I have the gun in a thick bag, breaking it in, and have let it go for a couple days.

It does have a section of hook and loop sewn on the back for adding pads, so that's nice. What I was hoping for with this one is effectively a leather version of the JMCK WC 2.5, since I love those holsters and that general format. This certainly mirrors that format more closely than any other leather holster I've seen. It also conceals well from the claw of course. I think the attachment method could use optimizing but, I'm not sure if I'm just nitpicking considering it's been quite a few years since I last used a leather IWB for any length of time.
    Interesting. Thanks for the info. I wonder if the loops will "break in" with more use.

If you have a chance to post a pic or two, I would be interested in seeing it.

Site Supporter
    CD

I have the SOB of which you speak.

It is workable but not optimal as it carries the gun a bit too low for my tastes and impedes me acquiring a full firing grip relative to the kydex holsters I have used by CCC, Graith/Mastermind Tactics and as a beta tester for Keepers.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    I'm curious which handguns you've used this holster in. I've had it for M9A3, Stacatto C, G45, and one other that is right on the tip of my tongue. They all worked fine, were comfortable in a variety of activities, and concealed well. "Is that a colostomy bag or are you just happy to see me" are words which have never been uttered when using this holster.

First holster I have not had to add a wedge to, or anything else for that matter.

DB's short write up on said holster, not really a review but some decent pics,
    https://www.athlonoutdoors.com/artic...ppendix-carry/
    I tried a TT Gunleather AIWB for my P2000SK. It was ok but the holster was sooo tight even after a week of sitting with my gun in it wrapped in a plastic bag I still could only get the gun out with extreme force. The loop printed a bit as well. I asked if TT could do rough out and a DCC Monoblock but they said no.

The one I had was an early sample with a straight drop, not the reverse cant. I might try another one sometime.
    Last edited by Irelander; 07-11-2023 at 10:50 AM.

Bitterroot Gunleather looks like they have some interesting AIWB options.

User Tag List