Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LEATHER Optic Friendly AIWB Recommendations -Glock 17

Site Supporter

LEATHER Optic Friendly AIWB Recommendations -Glock 17

Title say it all.

Right handed.

Less wait time is always a good thing. I continue to "snap" my "full" sweat guards on my Kydex holsters after several months of daily wear.

I do not not claim any defect in play, simply that perhaps with my body and wearing habits, a leather holster might be more durable

Perhaps my 20+ year run with Kydex is done.

Thx in advance
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I’ve gone to medium or low sweat guards on my Kydex holsters.

Leather might have the edge in durability, but I don’t like the way guns draw from leather.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

The SME can be made with a optic cut.

Site Supporter
    Thx so far.

CF - I hear you and that is a thought. I like the high guard re protecting dress shirts. Mayhaps it is simply the cost of doing business.

Re the SME- IIRC the present wait time exceeds a year. I understand but that is too long for me. YMMV and I respect those who can wait for such a fine product.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I believe the TT gunleather AIWB will work with an optic, maybe call or email to be sure. 5-6 week turnaround time right now. I have had 3-4 of his AIWB and have been extremely happy with them. I think DB and some other folks had a hand in the design, probably why it works so well.
    https://www.ttgunleather.com/product...einforced-aiwb

Good luck Sir.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

It's worth the wait, I have several SMEs. But @johnralston has been saying "It's on my bench! Shipping out next week!" for a lot longer than that

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Thx so far.

Re the SME- IIRC the present wait time exceeds a year. I understand but that is too long for me. YMMV and I respect those who can wait for such a fine product.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Thx so far.

CF - I hear you and that is a thought. I like the high guard re protecting dress shirts. Mayhaps it is simply the cost of doing business.

You might find better luck messaging Ralston and asking if a batch is upcoming and if you can piggyback on the run. I know a couple people who have done that this year with holsters arriving within a few weeks. He also posts when he makes an extra, or what I'm guessing is a cancellation. My buddy got an SME this way a few months ago

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    I believe the TT gunleather AIWB will work with an optic, maybe call or email to be sure. 5-6 week turnaround time right now. I have had 3-4 of his AIWB and have been extremely happy with them. I think DB and some other folks had a hand in the design, probably why it works so well.
    https://www.ttgunleather.com/product...einforced-aiwb

Good luck Sir.
    I likes Tim's work, but that particular holster appears to have zero AIWB features other than lowering the ride height and changing the cant.id like to see a wing or build up wedge behind the belt loop to tuck the butt in.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I have one of these coming in probably 1-2 weeks for a P2000. I was planning on getting pics of it since I haven't seen many elsewhere. Seems to have a lot of nice features with the sewn loops and claw.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

User Tag List