Thread: RFI: Aimpoint 2000

RFI: Aimpoint 2000

I might be trading in to one of these.

Anybody familiar with them?

Anybody want one?

thanks

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Still have one, mine was on a carbine for many years, in my non-austere use it worked fine and held zero. I started using it 2 decades+ ago in USPSA 3-gun on a cantilever mount. Chewed DL/1 batteries fast compared to all the modern versions, much bulkier, but held zero just fine.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Are they still making those or is it an original?!? I had an OLD Aimpoint ML that bought in the late 90’s. Worked great but the battery life sucked by todays standards… something like 300 hours??? I replaced it with a PRO a while back. I think the retailer gave me less than $100 in trade.

Pretty sure it's an original. It's on a rifle that I want and the seller won't separate them.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

If it’s working, there’s a pretty good market for them due to cloners. The 2000s, 3000s, and 5000s are sought after for early 90s SOF clone guns. Larry Vickers did a video on the gun he carried in Panama and the 2000 was featured in that. I’d check AR15.com to figure out the going rate, but the retro clone market has blown up over the past few years.

User Tag List