Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New 357 Magnum Load from Federal

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Any thoughts on Remington 145grn Silvertips?
    Winchester 145 silvertip - Page 3
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilvertip/page3

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Any thoughts on Remington 145grn Silvertips?
    That load both tested (early FBI testing after Wound Ballistics became a thing there) and also worked very well. Comments have been made lately that the current production has quality issues. It was very popular in the DFW Metro area in the 80s and 90s as a duty load and the choice was good. There were dozens of uses in OIS incidents here with "one and done" being the norm. It also worked well for me on Texas whitetails.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    That load both tested (early FBI testing after Wound Ballistics became a thing there) and also worked very well. Comments have been made lately that the current production has quality issues. It was very popular in the DFW Metro area in the 80s and 90s as a duty load and the choice was good. There were dozens of uses in OIS incidents here with "one and done" being the norm. It also worked well for me on Texas whitetails.
    In 2004 I bought 300 rounds at a shop that apparently was closing them out at $17 a box. I still have about 200 left and have my 5” GP100 zeroed with them. Hopefully the QC on the current production will get worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Out of curiosity, what length barrel did you use for the Texas whitetails, and what were the ranges for the shots? I'm interested in using a revolver for hunting and Im looking for some info on viable loads.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MRW View Post
    Out of curiosity, what length barrel did you use for the Texas whitetails, and what were the ranges for the shots? I'm interested in using a revolver for hunting and Im looking for some info on viable loads.
    4" Model 19 and under 30 yards.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

In my S&W mod66-8 2.75" I carry the 357 Mag 158-gr XTP loads.. at the range I practice with the 158-gr LSWC rounds loaded at the same levels, which doesn't hurt my hands at all, and I have arthritis in my shooting hand thumb joint.

User Tag List