Thread: PACT Club Timer

Site Supporter

PACT Club Timer

I've run PACT Club Timers for years and recently bought a new one. It worked for about two range sessions and then quit giving a beep. I sent it in for repair and they repaired it and sent it back and after little use, shit the bed again today. Do you guys have similar experiences with the new Club Timers?
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I had one do that. I sent it in for repair and when they sent it back it did it again. They said to remove the battery for a while and I did that and it has worked OK since.

The only PACT model I was able to get decent service out of was the PACT MKIV-XP .... and that's only if you keep them dry. I typically got about 8 yrs use out of them, sometimes a bit more. I've been through at least three of them IIRC, and the latest one is starting to get wonky.

One of my comrades likes the Competition Electronics Pocket Pro 2 and it seems to work OK.

I've had an AMG Lab unit since they were first introduced, but I don't find it to be user friendly even though it has some thoughtful features.

This one only performs one simple function, but it still works fine after almost 40 yrs.

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

That sucks, mine started acting problematic yesterday after several years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We had three of them at work, two of them were Glock labeled and showed up after we had host Glock Armorer with a direarms portion - don't remember if it was billed as an instructor level course. I do remember that they breathtakingly informed and taught us about 'THE Glock Reset' which we'd been teaching for a long time, like since the beginning of widespread DA/SA usage.

Anyways, after a short time, less than a year two of them were tits up. To be fair, they got used a lot because a couple of the guys liked them. IIRC one quit buzzing and IIRC, the other just quit.

If you need to replace it here is smoking hot deal:

Name:  Ali.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  44.9 KB

JUST KIDDING!
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

I know this probably isn't a "helpful" reply, but the way that the PACT timer manages to remain relevant is a mystery. I cannot think of a less intuitive interface (and among shot timers, that's saying something!) and I seem to see a lot of durability complaints.

The CED7000, AMG Commander, Shooter's Global, and Kestrel offerings are all considerable improvements in my experience. I hate that the Shooter's Global and Kestrel offerings are so much more expensive, but they also just do more. I quite like the interface and combined timing feature of the CED7000 and have not seen it replicated in another timer.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the info guys. They're sending me a new one and we'll see how it does. May just be time to get another brand and get used to it.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List