Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Setting up my 442 for pocket carry

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvershooter View Post
    S&W 642 PC or 442 go in a Uncle Mikes #4 for pocket carry with a speed strip vs speed loader.

Attachment 106198
    That's a great looking 442 with those Altamonts on it. Never seen that done before. Looks awesome....

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Particularly, as for me, a J frame is a 7 yrd gun for me max. YMMV on that greatly depending on your vision and work on the platform etc.
    The J-frame is capable. Obviously, how well we interface and perform with the gun is the variable to account for.

25 yards with the Georgia Arms snub load. (arms braced on the bench....I was checking the gun/ammo, not my abilities):

Name:  IMG_20230613_160546950[1].jpg
Views: 362
Size:  47.0 KB

With this 80's era M37:

Name:  IMG_20230623_004401813[1].jpg
Views: 356
Size:  30.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20230623_004438983[1].jpg
Views: 354
Size:  31.4 KB
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    The J-frame is capable. Obviously, how well we interface and perform with the gun is the variable to account for.

25 yards with the Georgia Arms snub load. (arms braced on the bench....I was checking the gun/ammo, not my abilities):

Name:  IMG_20230613_160546950[1].jpg
Views: 362
Size:  47.0 KB

With this 80's era M37:

Name:  IMG_20230623_004401813[1].jpg
Views: 356
Size:  30.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20230623_004438983[1].jpg
Views: 354
Size:  31.4 KB
    Nice, I just received 100 rounds of the GA snub load to test out in my 342.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    That's a great looking 442 with those Altamonts on it. Never seen that done before. Looks awesome....
    Those Altamonts Falconia grips are gone and replaced with S&W standard rubber for 442/642. The plastic "ivory" inserts move around and crack when tightened. Should have made them from G7.

For my S&W 340 PD, I use an Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster. Works fine. Never had an issue with functioning.

I plan on staying with my preferred Ergo Delta grips - I have them on both of my Js, they really increase the shootability. I just wish I could find someone who could reproduce them in G10.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    @blues, my DT order arrived. These are very similar to the older Firehose pants I have but the fabric is a little lighter and less canvasy. They may be worth a look if you need more.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-d...rts-36331.html
    That fabric does not last as long, gets holes more easily, burns through with pinholes from sparks/slag, does nothing to help avoid swamp crotch when working in an oily environment on a hot and humid day, prints more when pocket carrying, items slip out of the utility pockets more often, and the main cargo pockets don't hold the contents in position to avoid flopping around as well.

Things to consider before dropping real money on expensive pants be they long or short.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    That fabric does not last as long, gets holes more easily, burns through with pinholes from sparks/slag, does nothing to help avoid swamp crotch when working in an oily environment on a hot and humid day, prints more when pocket carrying, items slip out of the utility pockets more often, and the main cargo pockets don't hold the contents in position to avoid flopping around as well.

Things to consider before dropping real money on expensive pants be they long or short.
    I realized one of my few pairs of shorts are one of these, I’ve had them for a few years with no issues. I am stopping at DT today and hope to check out their dry on the fly ones.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveThePirate View Post
    I've recently found Duluth Dry on the Fly shorts to be excellent in hot humid weather.
    Thank you for the suggestion! We stopped at DT today and two pair of these followed me home. I can see them becoming my preferred super hot weather shorts.
    Ken

User Tag List