Thread: Setting up my 442 for pocket carry

My minimalist...
    S&W 442
    Mika pocket holster
    6 shot speed strip w/5 rounds
    +p 125 gr Gold Dots
    LET'S GO BRANDON!

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Very true. The whole cargo shorts things is all new for me, so I have no idea how this will go. But, enough other people get along with it just fine, and I’m not a special snowflake (at least not that way.)
    The only difference is shorter legs. I don't wear Duluth shorts in the summer, opting instead for lighter, fast drying material. That means no pocket carry, so I use a DSG or Phlster AIWB.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    The only difference is shorter legs. I don't wear Duluth shorts in the summer, opting instead for lighter, fast drying material. That means no pocket carry, so I use a DSG or Phlster AIWB.
    I've recently found Duluth Dry on the Fly shorts to be excellent in hot humid weather.

With jeans, I really like my Mika or Simply Rugged Force Option holsters, depending on the pocket shape (Mike has a round bottom, Simply Rugged is square). One thing I noticed with the thinner Dry on the Fly shorts is printing is going to happen no matter what due to the closer fitting and stretchy material. An interim solution I'm trying out is an old Blue Force Gear hypalon pocket holster that is VERY thin and also doesn't hold moisture. I wrapped a Raven Concealment Pocket Shield (semi-rigid plastic that also doesn't hold moisture) around it in order to mask the shape. It still bulges, but the bulge isn't recognizable as a gun. I may shop around for an appropriately sized plastic phone case to give the holster a bit more camouflage. It's an imperfect solution, and I also have a Philster Enigma rig for when I'm very concerned about printing. Luckily, I've got a couple kids and a beautiful wife, so no one is looking at me anyway!

@blues, my DT order arrived. These are very similar to the older Firehose pants I have but the fabric is a little lighter and less canvasy. They may be worth a look if you need more.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-d...rts-36331.html
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

@blues, my DT order arrived. These are very similar to the older Firehose pants I have but the fabric is a little lighter and less canvasy. They may be worth a look if you need more.
    https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-d...rts-36331.html

That's the material I was referring to. The "Flex" version of the Fire Hose shorts / pants. I don't own any of the heavier offerings. I have about five pairs of both long and short.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I find DT’s product descriptions to really suck. I need to stick with the Flex ones. Thanks!

As it turns out I will be in Austin this weekend, so we will stop at DT to see how other shorts fit.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I find DT’s product descriptions to really suck. I need to stick with the Flex ones. Thanks!

As it turns out I will be in Austin this weekend, so we will stop at DT to see how other shorts fit.
    I only own the longest inseam in the shorts. It used to be 12" but now I think it's 11". I'm long legged and it just about makes my knee.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I only own the longest inseam in the shorts. It used to be 12" but now I think it's 11". I'm long legged and it just about makes my knee.
    I’m tall with comically short legs. 9” is just above the kneecap, 11” would bind up behind the knee.
    Ken

I find DT’s product descriptions to really suck.
    Yeah. I only have one pair of heavier ones, no idea which, but they will be great for winter shorts.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

S&W 642 PC or 442 go in a Uncle Mikes #4 for pocket carry with a speed strip vs speed loader.

Name:  WA8f8Zb.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  54.0 KB

User Tag List