Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gen 5, G21 issues..

I agree with the guys saying that your ammunition is loaded light. I have seen similar malfunctions a lot with comped and ported guns shooting cheap bulk ammo on factory springs. The slide doesn't quite cycle all the way and you have weird failure to feed where the case ends up below the pickup rail.

A little update..
    I took the g21 out again yesterday with some other loads using BE-86, and Titegroup, as well as a few 230gr loads loaded with 5.0 gr of Bullseye, and a box of 230gr Ranger T’s. The factory ammo worked great! It was ejecting cases about 10’ to the right, none of my loads worked 100%, the best being the 230 loads. I’ve got some 230 FMJ’s ordered, and plan on ramping up the loads with Bullseye, as was posted earlier, I can go up to 6.0 grains, so I have some room to work with.. It looks to me like that this pistol likes 230 gr bullets, and heavier loads, recoil wise, the factory ammo wasn’t bad at all, I was quite surprised at how far it threw the empty cases.. I’m pretty confident I can get this thing running like it’s supposed to..

Bullseye and Titegroup are a fast burning powder so that may be your issue. I'm not saying they won't work but I had issues with my G19.4 not liking loads made with faster powders. It ran fine for me but it would get limp wrist type failures with others who shot it. Going to WSF fixed the issue but something like BE-86 or Unique, 231, True Blue, etc might be a better fit. 231 has been really popular in 45ACP over the years.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Sucess!,
    My 230gr FMJ’s showed up today, So I loaded up 13 rounds each of 5.5 gr. and 5.7 gr, of Bullseye, I had no issues, ejection was about 10’ to the right, recoil was very manageable with either load, I’m going to load 50 rounds of each, and try them out, provided I don’t have any issues with either load, I’ll load the 5.5 gr load. This pistol is a blast! I’m liking it more and more..

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Sucess!,
    My 230gr FMJ’s showed up today, So I loaded up 13 rounds each of 5.5 gr. and 5.7 gr, of Bullseye, I had no issues, ejection was about 10’ to the right, recoil was very manageable with either load, I’m going to load 50 rounds of each, and try them out, provided I don’t have any issues with either load, I’ll load the 5.5 gr load. This pistol is a blast! I’m liking it more and more..
    What kind of accuracy are you getting?

People state that the 21s are quite accurate and was curious to hear how the Gen 5s are faring with the improved marksman barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    What kind of accuracy are you getting?

People state that the 21s are quite accurate and was curious to hear how the Gen 5s are faring with the improved marksman barrel.
    It seems accurate, but I haven’t put these loads on paper yet, I just loaded a mag of each, and shot at some cans in a dirt/ brush pile of the edge of my property. I’m going to try to get to the range Monday…

User Tag List