Thread: Did safariland ever make a SLS holster for N frames?

Did safariland ever make a SLS holster for N frames?

With the way the grip sets the SLS is awesome for k frames. I'd love to find one for N frames. Did they make them?
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Not that I have ever seen. I am a bit of a holster addict. I have four thumb-snap Safariland N-frame holsters and if I had come across an SLS model, I would have certainly bought it. Concur about the K-frame models- once you don't have to fight the straps to reholster its very hard to go back

Site Supporter
    Seems K and L frame yes, but not an N frame. Will a GP100 and an N frame share holsters?

Here is a list of Safariland duty holsters for revolvers.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140216...y-Revolver.pdf

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Seems K and L frame yes, but not an N frame. Will a GP100 and an N frame share holsters?

Here is a list of Safariland duty holsters for revolvers.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140216...y-Revolver.pdf
    No.

GP 100 / L frame are comparable in size and can sometimes share holsters.

How are safariland 29 holsters? The belt loop looks relatively narrow. Are they wobbly?
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    How are safariland 29 holsters? The belt loop looks relatively narrow. Are they wobbly?
    They stand up pretty well as long as you don't get in the habit of resting your hand on the grip, which strains the leather and stitching. They were popular for duty use in the old days. One of the guys on an equipment & facilities committee for the PD suggested getting rid of them in favor of steel shanked holsters and was the subject of some derision, until about a week later an officer got a model 29 holster pulled off her gunbelt in the middle of a fight on a domestic call (at a different agency.) The guy that pulled it off was an ex-officer who'd been fired and he immediately realized he f'd up big time and handed it back to the officer and cuffed up.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

User Tag List