Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SHO/WHO Techniques

I'll give an endorsement for the idea of rotating the elbow to orient the gun vertically when shooting one handed. I shoot DA revolvers with .357 level loads on my range here on the farm. If there's any cant to the gun, it swings completely off the target when shooting one handed. Rotate the elbow to bring the gun vertical, and it tracks vertically and stays on target. Keeping in mind that a humanoid outline is a vertical target. It's a big difference for me with a .357 revolver, probably less so for you semi-auto shooters. But the idea definitely works.

Putting this to paper.

Name:  20230618_195355.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  45.2 KB

COF - 7yd, B8, SHO, low ready (pointed at target base) on beep engage with 3 rds, hit factor scoring: pts divided by time.

P2000sk LEM / DOA, iron sights, bladed stance, "reverse cant". S&B124

28pts .66 .88 .73 = 2.27
    28pts 1.01 .73 .63 = 2.37
    30pts .88 .67 .57 = 2.12
    29pts .75 .63 .60 = 1.98

115pts / 8.74 = 13.15 hit factor

Looks to be more than 12 holes but isn't

This is following 4 reps to become familiar with the technique. Previously have used a squared up stance, inward cant. This is definitely a valid technique and warrants further evaluation and testing. Thanks to @Clusterfrack
    Last edited by CCT125US; 06-18-2023 at 07:27 PM.
    Taking a break from social media.

I have found I work the trigger differently shooting one hand, depending upon the trigger. With a lighter weight gun with a relatively long and heavy trigger, like a Glock or LEM trigger, I want to manipulate the trigger between shots, so the shot breaks as the dot settles on the target. With a heavy gun and a short light trigger, like a 2011, I stop the gun on target, and then work the trigger, as there is not enough trigger travel and weight to work the trigger aggressively between shots.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    My main issue with this is a SEVERE 9-3 o'clock shake that I can't seem to mitigate - more or less pressure, thumb pressure, pinky cranked vs not, thumb flagged, thumb curled.... I just can't shake it. Front/back vice pressure is slightly better, but not much compared to a "rope grip".

It's more pronounced with my right than my left. I'm right handed, left eye dominant.

Interestingly enough, I DON'T seem to really get it with revolvers.

Any advice or thoughts on this.

User Tag List