Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: California man who pummeled, shot at female deputy found not guilty despite video of

Three and a half months...

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    Three and a half months...
    We're all here waiting for you on the other side of the river....

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    The anti-law enforcement feeling among the public here is well known. I have family members that tell me, "We don't need cops, we'll take care of the problem ourselves".
    A belief inevitably changed when someone else with more power views them as the problem. Or a source of shakedown money...er, "protection from the real criminals".
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

why does the Rorschach line from the Watchmen come to mind, for police in cali to say to the residents of same?
    sadly it's not just cali that has this problem, but most of the bigger cities on the outside of the 2 mountain ranges.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    why does the Rorschach line from the Watchmen come to mind, for police in cali to say to the residents of same?
    sadly it's not just cali that has this problem, but most of the bigger cities on the outside of the 2 mountain ranges.
    “I’m not trapped in here with you, you are trapped in here with me?”
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    “I’m not trapped in here with you, you are trapped in here with me?”
    more like...

first 40ish seconds.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Maline said jury instructions required the jury to find that McCarthy had been lawfully performing her duties at the time of the attack, and he argued that she wasn't acting lawfully.

"You can't detain somebody because you want to do an investigation," said Maline. "The jury instruction that the court read to the jury said if you want to detain somebody, you have to have a reasonable suspicion that they're engaged in criminal activity."
    https://abc7.com/victorville--san-be...ilty/13352182/

He was found guilty of negligent discharge of a firearm. But the jury hung on three other charges: battery against a peace officer, removal of an officer's sidearm and resisting arrest.

Well, perhaps today the peers of criminal defendants may find themselves more sympathetic to violent criminals than the peace officers who strive to preserve the Public Peace?

So, If I understand correctly, the jury was hung on the three charges, not that he was found not guilty?
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    So, If I understand correctly, the jury was hung on the three charges, not that he was found not guilty?

Hung on lesser charges, found not guilty of the most serious. The exception is he was guilty of negligent discharge, but had already served enough time.

User Tag List