Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sig P365 Rose

Vending Machine Operator
    I bought one or two more female-oriented guns for my former fiancee (now wife, as of a few weeks ago).

The one she ended up actually loving and cares enough to be proficient with? A full size steel frame .45 1911 (Springfield Garrison). Go figure.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I bought one or two more female-oriented guns for my former fiancee (now wife, as of a few weeks ago).

The one she ended up actually loving and cares enough to be proficient with? A full size steel frame .45 1911 (Springfield Garrison). Go figure.
    Congratulations on the wedding!

Almost every time I have taken a lady shooting, something about their preferences has surprised me.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I dated a wonderful Israeli girl who liked shooting my Kimber Pro Carry .45 because she thought it was cute. The same gun turns me into a flinching wuss today.

Quote Originally Posted by paperman View Post
    After working at a gun range for a bit now. I would confidently say 80% of people who buy the 365 rose wont shoot it enough to get proficient with it let alone actually use the included lessons, dummy rounds and the fancy safe is going to be collecting dust.

I wish people would stop buying guns based on size and appearance. Try outs friends guns or go to a gun range and rent some to compare.

Although we always appreciate getting to buy barley used guns for low prices because they didn’t like shooting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    My buddy’s BIL just bought one (comp 9mm) for SIL.

Said buddy is a full time firearms instructor and USPSA GM who is training his SIL.

BIL has small hands (smaller than his wife’s), and bought the Rose gun (and all Rose accouterment) without consulting her mainly because HE shoots a P365XL..

TLDR:

The gun has the same accuracy problems as previously noted with the comp slide X MACROs.

SIL is trading the Rose gun in for a Walther PDP-F model.

Rose thing is pure marketing….. to dudes.

This might be a bit tangental to the topic but I have a new friend that found out I shoot guns, not as much as some other people on this forum but more than the average bear. She asked me if I could take her to the range so she could get comfortable with her M&P Shield she bought years ago because she's a woman living alone in a city. Salesman sold it to her because it was a tiny gun that fit her tiny hands.

I've taken her to the range about 4 times now. At the first range visit she shot her Shield a bunch then shot my Glock 45 and noticed that it was much easier to shoot my G45 even though she couldn't reach the trigger as well. Took her exactly one range session to come to the conlusion that while she can mange the Shield bigger guns are easier and red dots are awesome.

I had her try the PDP-F at a store and she loved it as she could actually reach the trigger and the trigger guard was large enough that she could keep her longer fingernails. She wants to trade her Shield for the PDP-F because she doesn't want 2 guns and would rather a G19 sized gun she enjoys shooting that she can conceal than a easier to conceal gun she struggles with. I suggested we find a local range that has the PDP-F before she does anything so that's her current plan.

The salesman showed her the P365 380 because of her small hands and her immediate reaction was "Why would I want something even smaller than the S&W with a weaker bullet?"

The moral of this story is paperman you are right, smaller guns for smaller hands is a bad idea and HCM I agree the PDP-F seems to be a much better gun for people with smaller hands than this Sig is. I wish it wasn't as expensive as it is but such is life.
    Last edited by mrozowjj; 08-18-2023 at 09:28 PM.

Site Supporter
    Size depends in part on the purpose of the gun.

I could conceal a full size 1911 every day, but in the summer that would require either looking funny wearing a jacket in 90F temperatures, or looking unprofessional with an untucked shirt.

Ladies typically wear tighter, more form-fitting, more revealing clothing. Most of them dislike the things we do to hide guns. For 99.9% of them, compromising the way they dress to hide a gun is not an option. Many of us probably would not be quite as interested if it was an option.

Purse carry is an option for them, but a purse with a large gun gets surprisingly heavy and uncomfortable for them to carry.

85% of all attacks occur outside the home. For the gun to be useful, it must be there when needed.

I cannot shoot my P365 quite as well as my 5” 1911, but the difference is not huge. The last time my father in law came shooting with me, he shot his P365 better than his full size XD9.

My P365 can be concealed in summer business casual attire.

If the goal is simply shooting, then I agree with the larger gun. I have never seen the goal of most of the P365 series to be simply shooting.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I may have posted this before in one of the P365-380 threads, but it is super easy to shoot with the XL grip. I think the Rose 380 should’ve come with the XL grip and once the owners get comfortable shooting it, they could go to the smaller 10-rd grip if they want.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    I may have posted this before in one of the P365-380 threads, but it is super easy to shoot with the XL grip. I think the Rose 380 should’ve come with the XL grip and once the owners get comfortable shooting it, they could go to the smaller 10-rd grip if they want.
    There is an even easier solution: The 12 round magazines provide what is essentially the equivalent of a full size grip. Even the 10 round magazine with the finger extension is surprisingly good.

There is an advantage to having the grip rather than the magazine extend all the way to the bottom of the shooter's hand, particularly when practicing reloads. Changing grip modules is a simple task for most participants here. However, I can see the process being intimidating to a new shooter.

FYI

Looks like Sig being Sig, the Rose line has expanded to different P365 variants.

User Tag List