Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 Rose

Site Supporter

Sig P365 Rose

These guns, which include a compensated 9mm and a .380, are the best attempts I have seen to design a gun specifically tailored to women. Given Lena Miculek’s influence on the design, this comes as no surprise. I am thinking about steering a few different female family members towards these pistols, but before I do so:

Do we have any updates on the reliability of the p365 .380 pistols?

Do we have any updates on the accuracy of the compensated guns?

Has anyone had the chance to shoot either of these guns?
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    These guns, which include a compensated 9mm and a .380, are the best attempts I have seen to design a gun specifically tailored to women. Given Lena Miculek’s influence on the design, this comes as no surprise. I am thinking about steering a few different female family members towards these pistols, but before I do so:

Small sample, but a fellow I see at the range had constant stoppages with his wife and the .380 365.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I dunno about design for women…

They were out for months before the marketing branding under Rose.

I like my 365-380, it’s been reliable for me.

Like most 380s, the limper the grip of the shooter… the more prone to malfunctions… there just isn’t a lot of margin in the cartridge.

Target ammo and limo wrist is a bad combo for a new gun.

My G42 was the same way.

$799 MSRP…

So I looked it up and looks like you’re paying for the “extras” you get in the Rose kit.

Vaultek safe and online training…

And Sig gets a marketing mainline into a very specific demographic.

Brilliant marketing scheme.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I dunno about design for women…

They were out for months before the marketing branding under Rose.

I like my 365-380, it’s been reliable for me.

Like most 380s, the limper the grip of the shooter… the more prone to malfunctions… there just isn’t a lot of margin in the cartridge.

Target ammo and limo wrist is a bad combo for a new gun.

My G42 was the same way.
    We both have an obvious limit to being able to determine what will work for a woman. However, this starts with an easily concealable gun that is easy to shoot well, has good sights, a good trigger, and is optics ready. Recoil mitigation is addressed by compensating the 9mm and making the smaller one a .380. The aesthetic changes are tasteful, and do not include simply changing the grip color to pink. Including the lockbox seems like good ideas to me, particularly when trying to appeal to a gender which is more likely to include more first time shooters who might be nervous about guns. I could certainly find a use for another lockbox even though I already keep all guns secured. It would work for either gender.

Lena specified manual safeties because she felt that more women would be comfortable with the safety. While I appreciate that insight, I am counterbalancing it with the fact that the women I have in mind are not frequent shooters, so I favor simplicity. At least one would likely carry AIWB, so having and training with the safety would be beneficial.

Please keep any reliability or accuracy experiences coming.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

We both have an obvious limit to being able to determine what will work for a woman. However, this starts with an easily concealable gun that is easy to shoot well, has good sights, a good trigger, and is optics ready. Recoil mitigation is addressed by compensating the 9mm and making the smaller one a .380. The aesthetic changes are tasteful, and do not include simply changing the grip color to pink. Including the lockbox seems like good ideas to me, particularly when trying to appeal to a gender which is more likely to include more first time shooters who might be nervous about guns. I could certainly find a use for another lockbox even though I already keep all guns secured. It would work for either gender.

Lena specified manual safeties because she felt that more women would be comfortable with the safety. While I appreciate that insight, I am counterbalancing it with the fact that the women I have in mind are not frequent shooters, so I favor simplicity. At least one would likely carry AIWB, so having and training with the safety would be beneficial.

Please keep any reliability or accuracy experiences coming.

I think the package was designed well for women and I think the online training program is probably a super good thing.

The 380 is accurate.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....tests-P365-380

25 yards

Name:  IMG_2920.jpg
Views: 1038
Size:  71.4 KB

After working at a gun range for a bit now. I would confidently say 80% of people who buy the 365 rose wont shoot it enough to get proficient with it let alone actually use the included lessons, dummy rounds and the fancy safe is going to be collecting dust.

I wish people would stop buying guns based on size and appearance. Try outs friends guns or go to a gun range and rent some to compare.

Although we always appreciate getting to buy barley used guns for low prices because they didn’t like shooting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

My buddy’s BIL just bought one (comp 9mm) for SIL.

Said buddy is a full time firearms instructor and USPSA GM who is training his SIL.

BIL has small hands (smaller than his wife’s), and bought the Rose gun (and all Rose accouterment) without consulting her mainly because HE shoots a P365XL..

TLDR:

The gun has the same accuracy problems as previously noted with the comp slide X MACROs.

SIL is trading the Rose gun in for a Walther PDP-F model.

Rose thing is pure marketing….. to dudes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Small sample, but a fellow I see at the range had constant stoppages with his wife and the .380 365.
    The 365 / 380 is direct blow back like the .380 Glocks ?

Site Supporter
    My understanding is that the .380 is a tilt barrel like the 9mm.

User Tag List