Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: "This is THE Most Underrated Pistol in 2023" ( The PX4)

Back in 2017 I was going to make the change to TDA from striker guns. I bought a PX4CC and signed up for a LTT Pistol Skills class that April. I bought extra mags, JMCK holsters and mag pouches, and lots of ammo.

I'll admit, the gun was slick - awesome action and very accurate for me. It also drew blood - hammer spur - which LTT started offering a bobbed version to resolve as I was far from the only one. Then, just maybe 2 weeks before the class, I found that my sweet spot for control and accuracy caused my XL hands to stall the slide out. That was no bueno. So, I tossed the previous investment to the side, dusted off the ol' G17.4 and rocked the class.

I sold that PX4CC off during the pandemic - made all my investment back plus a bit and still have the holsters/mag pouches should I ever be tempted to go down that path again. I seriously doubt I'd give it a go again, but one never knows.....
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

Like I mentioned I’m actually doing OK with the PX4CC grip, but I should stick the Talons on to see what I’m missing. I suspect I’ll see the difference if I push things.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    Back in 2017 I was going to make the change to TDA from striker guns. I bought a PX4CC and signed up for a LTT Pistol Skills class that April. I bought extra mags, JMCK holsters and mag pouches, and lots of ammo.

I'll admit, the gun was slick - awesome action and very accurate for me. It also drew blood - hammer spur - which LTT started offering a bobbed version to resolve as I was far from the only one. Then, just maybe 2 weeks before the class, I found that my sweet spot for control and accuracy caused my XL hands to stall the slide out. That was no bueno. So, I tossed the previous investment to the side, dusted off the ol' G17.4 and rocked the class.

I sold that PX4CC off during the pandemic - made all my investment back plus a bit and still have the holsters/mag pouches should I ever be tempted to go down that path again. I seriously doubt I'd give it a go again, but one never knows.....

Your grip caused malfunctions? That is something that I wondered about with the PX4.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post

I also have XXL hands and had malfunctions with both a standard PX4CC I upgraded and a “from Beretta” LTT version. It never drew blood though.

Had 2… .45 and 9mm. I did like them, but just another gun I rarely shot. The .45 grip was very comfortable, especially compared to the .45 Glocks. The .45 was replaced by a Glock 30S… mainly because of agencies moving to Glocks. Sold it to consolidate to 9mm.

The 9mm was a good gun, but bought it when NJ was a 15 round state. Had a bunch of 15 round magazines, which took a vacation to PA prior to moving to ME. Then… why would I want a gun with 15 round magazines when I could have 17 rounders? My CZ75 SP01 was in a similar boat… but I really liked that gun. Sold the PX4 and swapped CZ75 magazines from 15 to 17. It also allowed me to sell the PX4 setup for my CX4… which now just takes 92 magazines.

I keep tossing around getting a 9mm PX4 Compact to have as a spare carry gun… but money can go to more important stuff. Lab has a growth on her ear that will be taken off next month, probably will be about the same costs. But to be fair, I’d probably get an older Hi-Power (C&R) before the PX4.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Your grip caused malfunctions? That is something that I wondered about with the PX4.
    Yep. The cocking serrations fore and aft did not jive with my grip. Or vice-versa.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I also have XXL hands and had malfunctions with both a standard PX4CC I upgraded and a “from Beretta” LTT version. It never drew blood though.
    The hammer spur was the cause, once I got the initial LTT modified & NP3'd bobbed version I created the slide issues. It just wasn't meant to be for me I guess.

I went through a brief phase of trying rental guns during range visits. It was an experiment in "If I wasn't invested in Glock 9mms, what else could work?"

With the caveat that these were rental guns, the PX4 was the only one I shot well enough to seriously consider. It was accurate for me and the TDA manual of arms wasn't enough of a change to scare me away.

So what keeps me from buying one? The whole "underrated pistol" thing is pretty much an admission they aren't getting the market acceptance that guarantees they (and their parts) will still be available in ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Is it really a problem for G style decock only system?
    For me yes, anything on the slide besides sights and serrations are a no go. Over a decade ago I got rid of all my double action single action guns. Found it to be too much work to stay proficient with three different types of triggers, two I can handle and prefer striker and single action.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    For me yes, anything on the slide besides sights and serrations are a no go. Over a decade ago I got rid of all my double action single action guns. Found it to be too much work to stay proficient with three different types of triggers, two I can handle and prefer striker and single action.
    Ah, I understand that.

User Tag List