Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: "This is THE Most Underrated Pistol in 2023" ( The PX4)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    This is a difficult thread because I put off getting the full-sized Px4 9mm for a long time, then WA becomes a 10rd state so the motivation isn’t there anymore.

I was planning on a LGS trip to re-examine the Hk45 again; even though I wasn’t too inspired by shooting the Px4 .45 in the past, maybe I’ll see if there’s one to handle.

What did you not like about the PX4 .45?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What did you not like about the PX4 .45?
    • Nice trigger, but not in the same league as friend’s tuned P220.
    • Grip seemed slick/awkward.
    • I felt the recoil track was fairly horizontal. Not necessarily a bad thing.
    • Multiple stoppages during about 200rds or so.
    • Did I mention it was be handled/shot with a tuned P220 and a MP45 with some aftermarket guts?

All very subjective and that was a touch over a decade ago. So probably worthless observations that I shouldn’t have held on to in memory. I played with a Langdon Px4 last summer and was utterly impressed.

Not to derail but I would enjoy the opportunity to rent one for a bit and reassess. Although for my intentions and planned use I think the HK would be the better fit.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    The PX4 Compact Carry was the pistol that brought me to Pistol Forum. I still own it. Still love it. I don't carry it that much... but, in terms of just effortlessly placing rounds on target with precision, finesse and a big freakin' smile on your face: the PX4 excels. At least it does for me.

The clip of James shooting the PX4 faster and faster while Ernest is timing him--that's legit. It's hard to miss with the damn thing, even shooting reasonably fast. Plus, it shoots flat, it shoots soft, it shoots all the good ways you want it to shoot. Other guns are accurate. Other guns feel great. But the PX4 just makes the accuracy so effortlessly available--in its own plush and pillowy kinda way.

Name:  Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 11.51.24 PM.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  33.9 KB

On the other hand...

It's very fat. It looks weird. And, as with every Beretta I've owned (with the exception of my Cheetah), I often find it challenging to keep my sight picture stable when the hammer falls in DA. I'm guessing it's mainly overtravel. And/or me sucking.

But in SA... nothing shoots like a PX4.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Another question that must be asked related to this. Way do most new Beretta hand guns always fall flat with popularity in the U.S.

I think a lot of it has to do with Beretta always going a bit to unconventional. Case in point the APX, most US customers were just not interested in a handgun with a lumpy slide. Especially since the lumpy slide was actually less grippy than conventional slide serrations. They corrected that with the APXa1 but damage done, the APXa1 is a pretty good gun. It sells pretty well over seas but crickets here.

I think often Beretta goes with style over substance and it bites them in the butt, at least here in the states.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    The PX4 Compact Carry was the pistol that brought me to Pistol Forum. I still own it. Still love it. I don't carry it that much... but, in terms of just effortlessly placing rounds on target with precision, finesse and a big freakin' smile on your face: the PX4 excels. At least it does for me.

The clip of James shooting the PX4 faster and faster while Ernest is timing him--that's legit. It's hard to miss with the damn thing, even shooting reasonably fast. Plus, it shoots flat, it shoots soft, it shoots all the good ways you want it to shoot. Other guns are accurate. Other guns feel great. But the PX4 just makes the accuracy so effortlessly available--in its own plush and pillowy kinda way.

Name:  Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 11.51.24 PM.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  33.9 KB

On the other hand...

It's very fat. It looks weird. And, as with every Beretta I've owned (with the exception of my Cheetah), I often find it challenging to keep my sight picture stable when the hammer falls in DA. I'm guessing it's mainly overtravel. And/or me sucking.

But in SA... nothing shoots like a PX4.
    How do you like a da/sa trigger. Single action can be very smooth. But I can do better with a transition point.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post

I think often Beretta goes with style over substance and it bites them in the butt, at least here in the states.
    I think, back in the early days of P-F, TLG said something along the lines of “Beretta couldn’t market free sex.”

That aside, I think a few factors keep them a bit suppressed in our domestic market, including:

• In the USA, they are defined by the M9 and the basic 92FS; and 80s/90s action shows. So a craving for “modernity” goes against their flagship.
    • Centric to the 92 series, it’s a SFA world and TDA can’t compete in the mass market. Of late, Springfield learned this and chose to give a pretty decent offering the “Ol’ Yeller.”
    • Why the Italians chose to be pretty humdrum about the APX series I have no idea.
    • Beretta doesn’t dump guns to every influencer they can find. <cough cough P320>

Site Supporter
    I think, back in the early days of P-F, TLG said something along the lines of “Beretta couldn’t market free sex.”

That aside, I think a few factors keep them a bit suppressed in our domestic market, including:

• In the USA, they are defined by the M9 and the basic 92FS; and 80s/90s action shows. So a craving for “modernity” goes against their flagship.
    • Centric to the 92 series, it’s a SFA world and TDA can’t compete in the mass market. Of late, Springfield learned this and chose to give a pretty decent offering the “Ol’ Yeller.”
    • Why the Italians chose to be pretty humdrum about the APX series I have no idea.
    • Beretta doesn’t dump guns to every influencer they can find. <cough cough P320>

I think you are wrong. At least to my eye. But. That might also be right.

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    I think you are wrong. At least to my eye. But. That might also be right.
    Oh I probably am, broad brushstrokes about EU brands and whatnot.

Regardless, I’m happy the company is getting some attention. And kicking myself for walking away from a Px4 CC multiple times.

Site Supporter
    Oh I probably am, broad brushstrokes about EU brands and whatnot.

Regardless, I’m happy the company is getting some attention. And kicking myself for walking away from a Px4 CC multiple times.
    Yea. I get it.

Site Supporter

PX4 CC

Just sold mine today … unfortunately need the cash

User Tag List