Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: "This is THE Most Underrated Pistol in 2023" ( The PX4)

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Thank you for this response.

Do you think there is a common issue of grip causing “slide drag”? I use a pretty aggressive thumbs forward grip, and I wonder if the PX4 is more sensitive to a thumb contacting the slide causing issues vs other guns.

Hopefully that makes sense.
    I think that pushing your thumbs into the slide is a bad idea with any gun. I have seen people cause malfunctions on pretty much any handgun with outside pressure on the slide. Many years ago, it was taught not to make contact with the moving parts of the gun.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    To support this, there's some other irons in the fire for the commercial market to keep the line going.
    I know you can't tell us anything. But if you could... I hope you'd tell us a compact .45 is coming. I mean, the .45 PX4 Compact is literally listed in the manual. So, I know it has an 8rd capacity, a 90mm barrel and a 176mm overall length. Just pull it off the shelf and put it on a boat.

I owned a 8045 Cougar for a minute... the rotating barrel is just dreamy in .45. The soft, silky recoil impulse seems to suit the big, slow shove of the .45. And it'd be nice to have something a touch handier than the full-size PX4 in .45.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I know you can't tell us anything. But if you could... I hope you'd tell us a compact .45 is coming. I mean, the .45 PX4 Compact is literally listed in the manual. So, I know it has an 8rd capacity, a 90mm barrel and a 176mm overall length. Just pull it off the shelf and put it on a boat.

I owned a 8045 Cougar for a minute... the rotating barrel is just dreamy in .45. The soft, silky recoil impulse seems to suit the big, slow shove of the .45. And it'd be nice to have something a touch handier than the full-size PX4 in .45.
    Thread drift, but the market for polymer frame, CCW .40s and .45s is just gone vs prior decades. .45 releases are now limited to the same category as 10mm for outdoors/hunting handguns. All the .45s and 10mms released in the last 5-10 years I can think of like the P220 10mm hunter version, the FN 510 and 545, and the gen 5 G30/G21 fit this mold. Notice the lack of a Gen 5 G29, G30, or G36.

Releasing new compact .45s just doesn't really make sense. The first carry pistol I ever bought and my 3rd pistol ever after a P95 and Nagant revolver was a G30 Gen4 that I still miss. All practicality and performance aside, the .45 ACP and .45 Colt are my 2 favorite calibers. But the caliber wars are over for now, until something major changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Thread drift, but the market for polymer frame, CCW .40s and .45s is just gone vs prior decades. .45 releases are now limited to the same category as 10mm for outdoors/hunting handguns. All the .45s and 10mms released in the last 5-10 years I can think of like the P220 10mm hunter version, the FN 510 and 545, and the gen 5 G30/G21 fit this mold. Notice the lack of a Gen 5 G29, G30, or G36.

Releasing new compact .45s just doesn't really make sense. The first carry pistol I ever bought and my 3rd pistol ever after a P95 and Nagant revolver was a G30 Gen4 that I still miss. All practicality and performance aside, the .45 ACP and .45 Colt are my 2 favorite calibers. But the caliber wars are over for now, until something major changes.
    Don’t confuse me with logic - I still want compact .45s.

Seriously, though - I have a .45 PX4 that is rather nice. I find the size OK for carry if I choose, but a compact (or even better, Compact Carry) would make me whip out my card thisfast.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

Seriously, though - I have a .45 PX4 that is rather nice. I find the size OK for carry if I choose, but a compact (or even better, Compact Carry) would make me whip out my card thisfast.
    I still want a G30 Gen5, even better, one with a slightly longer grip and flush 10 round mag vs the pinky plate.

A PX4CC in .45 would be similar. Good outdoors CCW guns...

I wont comment on any specifics of what's in the works at the moment. I will caution though that I'm a millennial, and my feelings on .45 are in line with whoever wrote the script and treatment of that awesome FN 545 video.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

I'm still miffed that S&W had and pulled the 2.0 M&P45 Compact, even more so that they labeled the 4in barrel full size grip model the Compact so it's almost impossible to search for a used actual compact because everything just floods with results for that SKU, or the Shield 45.

Site Supporter

You're not wrong. I suspect that's why Beretta decided not to introduce the PX4 Compact in .45.

Personally, I don't feel like I need to make 11.5mm holes to feel safe. I just enjoy shooting .45--and I tend to shoot it pretty well. And I think the combo of a handy, mid-size .45 with a rotating barrel seems... nice.

That said, I feel like the PX4 has its own niche market in the US. It seems to attract people who look outside the "lowest-common-denominator" kinda stuff... like compact-ish .45s. Interestingly, my review on the PX4 gets more hits than any of my other videos on YouTube. Granted, I haven't reviewed a Glock 19 or an M&P Shield--but there's definitely interest in the PX4 out there. Enough to justify a compact .45? Maybe. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a compact .45 PX4 sell better than the full-size .45. On the consumer market, anyway.

I mean, the R&D's already done... apparently

Name:  21847E79-D311-49B3-8400-A1B411E30C61.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  42.4 KB
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Well...

I would certainly put you in the category of "not wrong." But any gun I buy from now on in Washington state is limited to 10 rounds. That's becoming a thing all over the country.

For Shield and P365 guns, that's maybe not such a big deal. But when we start talking Glock 19 and bigger-sized guns, I wonder if folks will start thinking about upsizing caliber.

Dunno. We'll see.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Well...

I would certainly put you in the category of "not wrong." But any gun I buy from now on in Washington state is limited to 10 rounds. That's becoming a thing all over the country.

For Shield and P365 guns, that's maybe not such a big deal. But when we start talking Glock 19 and bigger-sized guns, I wonder if folks will start thinking about upsizing caliber.

Dunno. We'll see.
    10, 15, 20 years ago, upping caliber if capacity was restricted was as obvious a choice as whether the sky was blue or not. Now, it's less an obvious call, but some people probably still would, even if it's mostly placebo.

User Tag List