Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: "This is THE Most Underrated Pistol in 2023" ( The PX4)

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    100%, because they only care about selling shotguns to sporting clays snobs and bird hunter fud's
    Nope, they only care about shotguns and the 92 series. They don't care about the APX or PX4. They haven't really updated the PX4 since it was introduced over a decade ago. Beretta and Kahr have the worst sales and marketing team in the business. Even Taurus is out selling them both combined.

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    *Yes, I am bitter about the apparent low round count limitations of the PX4 SubCompact; I still own a few and am now loathe to practice with them as I ought.
    The word over on the Beretta forum is that the SubCompact is no longer in production.
    :-(

*Yes, I am bitter about the apparent low round count limitations of the PX4 SubCompact; I still own a few and am now loathe to practice with them as I ought.
    As @oss117 mentioned, Beretta will no longer be making the SubCompact, but will support it for about 10 more years.

How many rounds do you have on your SubCompact or SubCompacts that you are concerned with breakage?

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    As @oss117 mentioned, Beretta will no longer be making the SubCompact, but will support it for about 10 more years.

How many rounds do you have on your SubCompact or SubCompacts that you are concerned with breakage?
    Hard to say with the oldest one, but the rest are low round-count pistols. Given my age, health, and current concealed carry preferences, they will all outlive me... or at least I think they will. I still love 'em, but it sucked to find out that they weren't particularly durable compared to their rotating-barrel brethren.

Regardless of how much I personally like the SC's, I realize that Beretta would be doing strictly philanthropic work in spending any money upgrading them.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    That's always one of the hard parts about developing guns here. Balancing all the features and requirements for the 0.1% power users we talk to and see as the market we want to satisfy, while still appealing and communicating properly to the other 99.9% in a way that doesn't lose their interest. On the pistol said aka the market in the US? Well the 92 made it over the hump because of the M9 and pop culture in that era.

I'd love it if we could crack a wider market with the PX4 for its 20th, but it'll take something special.

Thank you for your participation here.

I wish there could be a breakthrough to the masses that DAO and TDA guns offer a lot of advantages, while sacrificing little in the way of shootability. Then maybe companies would pour their resources into creating even better TDA and DAO type triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    You answered the question that I've been asking for over six years. Light bulb just lit. The overwhelming majority of people buying and shooting pistols have zero cognizance of performance and might not even care about it. It would be interesting to know what percentage of the market actually use a timer, run drills and quantify performance. I bet it is super slim. Another thought just popped. What percentage of the market have skills/abilities and the ability to appreciate a performance pistol? I bet that is even thinner. My guess is that the majority of the market would shoot similar sized groups at 7 yards using either a SCCY CPX or a performance pistol. They just don't know any better. What about all of the "experts" on YT uploading "expert pistol review" vids demonstrating a range session of a slow fired half mag of mediocre grouping at seven yards then ten minutes of what they most subjectively love or hate about a particular pistol with their "expert pistol reviewer" opinion. That doesn't help anything.
    I'm none of the things that you're calling out as a performance user, nor military experience or LEO, nor family of hunters or enthusiasts. (I don't own a timer, don't have spare time to make good use of it, nor participate in competitive shooting against a timer. Did once, ranked right in the middle. Donations of spare time welcome). My round count overall and in any given period would draw contempt on any firearm forum Nonetheless I craved a PX4, when resources permitted I jumped on a chance to get the LTT PX4CC, and appreciate it every time I do anything with it, from longer (25y+) to middling (10y) range shooting to dry (laser bullet thing) fire and even cleaning.

Maybe it's because long ago I was introduced to the 8045 Cougar and had that comparison vs. the usual action. Maybe it's because much earlier than that I did fencing and now do kobudo and don't 'jerk' or spaz out my handling of any weapon. Or maybe it's because I'm *not* a "gun guy" and so viewed the design without a bunch of preconceptions from self and others.

Too bad one can't set up a double-blind test. "We've replaced the Glock in this fine establishment with a Beretta PX4. Let's see if customers notice." (throwback to ancient Folger's commercial)

>When Ernest did that video with TFB, that was the first time I heard some of the engineering and other cool stuff about the px4.

Absolutely. IMO that's all of motorsport in a nutshell -- come see our crazy alien drivers and tech so you'll go into our showroom and buy the image, the performance, and the name (and the sponsors' stuff too).
    Side note: YouTube is a game where people get paid to get views so Google gets paid to run ads. To that end whatever gets views will appear there. Completely unrelated to value of content.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    I'd love it if we could crack a wider market with the PX4 for its 20th, but it'll take something special.
    Something like a change to a modular chassis, or converting the current full size to use the compact's locking block/carrier but with a lengthened compact barrel and slide (thus making a "Centurion" PX4 a no-brainer) might do it, but who knows? I figured a "92X-esque" maturing of the platform would suffice, but maybe stronger medicine is needed.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Talking about YT.... A YT re-release of an updated video specific to today's platform with all of the current options and upgrades wouldn't hurt anything. Include the ACTUAL frame/slide width not the width including the giant bat wing safety/de-cock levers. That width with the giant bat wing safety/de-cock levers is misleading. Also, Kevin at Muddy River Tactical posted a YT "most underrated pistol" video maybe a month before James at TFB. Maybe now would be a good time for that re-release Beretta factory video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z48ziF76hwY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAq_oMghTKM

And an improved factory frame texture.... Talon's are awesome but I wear them out and need to replace them occasionally.
    Last edited by medmo; 08-04-2023 at 11:35 AM.

... or converting the current full size to use the compact's locking block/carrier but with a lengthened compact barrel and slide (thus making a "Centurion" PX4 a no-brainer)...
    The full size PX4 is already a "Centurion" size. It has a full size grip with a 4" barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    The full size PX4 is already a "Centurion" size. It has a full size grip with a 4" barrel.
    I could see an argument for a full size PX4 with a 4.5" or 5" barrel, though.

User Tag List