Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: "This is THE Most Underrated Pistol in 2023" ( The PX4)

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    If I remember correctly, you like to clean your pistols only once per year (after a case of ammo, I think). Both the PX4 and the HK45 will tolerate that well.

Better than my own brain. That must have been a few years back, no longer having 7-10k round years but, yeah, I don't clean my autoloaders very often.

I need to revisit the Px4 .45 but I am thinking, for the situation=tool, the HK is getting in the queue for purchase.

To thread, and dammit P-F, I lament about missing out on the Px4 CC... but I assume the 10rd mags are G2G?
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Mags

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Better than my own brain. That must have been a few years back, no longer having 7-10k round years but, yeah, I don't clean my autoloaders very often.

I need to revisit the Px4 .45 but I am thinking, for the situation=tool, the HK is getting in the queue for purchase.

To thread, and dammit P-F, I lament about missing out on the Px4 CC... but I assume the 10rd mags are G2G?
    Though I have not needed to experience a 10-round magazine for a Compact, I have never heard of any problems with them. They should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post

If you get a chance to try a .45 PX4, take it - mine is quite impressive.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I would like try out the PX4 full size 9mm pistol at an indoor range somewhere in my area. *I* think I would rather have the 4" inch barrel and the longer grip of the full size PX4 pistol. I carry AIWB so I prefer pistols like my Cajunized DA/SA CZ's (P-O1 Omega and P-O7) pistols. I currently have just one striker fired pistol, a P365 XL upper and a MS FCU waiting on the Wilson Combat MACRO grip modules to drop in July. *My* striker fired pistols have to have either a manual thumb safety or if a Glock or Shadow Systems a SCD installed on them. When competed I would like to shoot my Sig P365 XL with Wilson Combat Macro grip module vs a LTT custom PX4 full size pistol and the winner stays and the loser goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    So what keeps me from buying one? The whole "underrated pistol" thing is pretty much an admission they aren't getting the market acceptance that guarantees they (and their parts) will still be available in ten years.
    Beretta Italy has a number of active international military/federal LE contracts that require a minimum of 10 years of parts support availability post final delivery. To support this, there's some other irons in the fire for the commercial market to keep the line going. As far as I'm aware (and I'm fairly in-the-know on this one), PX4 parts availability isn't going to be a problem anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    My memory is fuzzy: what ended up being the root cause for this? @LangdonTactical ?
    This is third hand, but the story I'd heard was the Canadian LE group that had to hammer their guns open was a compounding issue of the first gen's tight tolerances (the first year or two of production), combined with them using a lubricant with a pretty high freeze point in an environment that NEEDED a super low freeze point compound (in part as a protest because the officers didn't want to switch from their old guns, and this gives them a reason to go back). I was told those guns simply froze up with warm weather oil in a very cold environment, but again, this is rumor.

As for the company's history/batting record with USA launches and marketing on pistols? Part of it is a culture/translation thing; it comes with being an international company. Another part is that a lot of our team on the sales side has historically had their foundations in the hunting side of the business; we have a LOT of expert shotgun salesmen, and so those launches tend to go well. That said, the Beretta that pissed TLG off by stopping things like the Elite and the G-SD just to shift focus to a new platform is pretty well in the past. We've made (what I hope is) great progress in trying to do better about listening to our customer base, as well as trying to prioritize products that play to our strengths.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

I don't know what was behind the Canadian PX4 lock-ups, but lubrication would have been my guess.

In this era of Glock lubrication, where more lubrication is considered a bad thing, under lubricating the PX4 and not lubricating the proper points - which are different than the typical Browning action pistol - is probably not going to help function.

I am kind of intrigued by the guys that have gotten slide or hammer bit by the PX4, and especially that the slide bite isn't an issue with their Glocks. I don't doubt that it happened, I just find it intriguing. The PX4 back strap above the web of the hand is a pretty robust area which seems like an extremely high grip would be limited by the physical shape of the gun, and the PX4 isn't known as a super low bore axis gun like the Glock. I have small, thin hands, so perhaps that's why the PX4 hasn't given me trouble, but I'd expect more slide bite issues with a Glock than with a PX4.

Site Supporter
    That's about what I have in my D version, including the trip to LTT for a trigger job. AIM Surplus had them for $249. Still not a bad price if they're in the condition they claim.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Were DAO Compact models ever produced?
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Were DAO Compact models ever produced?
    To the best of my knowledge, no. I'm pretty sure the D versions were produced for LE contracts. The slide, firing pin, and probably other parts for the D model are specific to that model. I don't know what parts are common between the F/G full-size and compact; Beretta may have figured that it wouldn't be cost-effective to offer a compact version of the D if there were more model-specific parts than those.

@Ben_G?
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

User Tag List