Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you actually carrying concealed (circa June 2023?)

@vcdgrips, FWIW:
    A GEN5 MOS gets one a flexible platform, with the potential plate failure point. If the plates are mounted correctly (@SoCalDep), there have been only one or two sight issues I'm recalling off the top of my head. Not mounting the plate/sight combo correctly has led to mounting failures. So, the direct mill cut removes that obviously. We just had a nearby county S.O.go to direct mill G47s with ACROs a few months ago-so far so good, but not a lot of time on the platforms. You get in view some benefits from the GEN5s; measurably improved accuracy as one example.
    I'm invested in the Glock platform, obviously, from my posts. My latest daydream wish is a direct milled 19 for and ACRO and standard trigger. I don't think that's being made yet...

Site Supporter
    I have been competing (sort of) and carrying a P365xl with a 407k. I do not care for the 32 moa circle but I would 100% go to an EPS carry if I were specing the gun again. I will likely get a EPS anyway but I have not yet because of financial resources and the emphasis on shooting more and buying less. If I feel like "gunning up" I just stick a 15 or 17 round mag in the gun instead of the 12. I do think a boresight macro grip that was shortened to take the 12 round mag may be a real upgrade but I'm trying to just shoot more and improve with what I have instead of buying things.

Glock 19 gen 3 with ameriglo sights, but increasingly a glock 43 instead. I am in the market for a slim micro 9 with holosun k direct mounting and maybe a manual safety of some kind. Those two requirements actually slim the herd quite a bit.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    Glock 19 gen 3 with ameriglo sights, but increasingly a glock 43 instead. I am in the market for a slim micro 9 with holosun k direct mounting and maybe a manual safety of some kind. Those two requirements actually slim the herd quite a bit.
    Your milage may very but I found the P365xl safety not bad after a lot of practice. At first it was definitely slowing me down but lots of dry fire later and I don't think the safety is a big difference. More often then the safety slowing me down is a lack of recent dry/live fire practice.

Don't you need a plate or milling to get a holosun k footprint optic on a p365 though?

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    Don't you need a plate or milling to get a holosun k footprint optic on a p365 though?
    The XL, X, and X Macros are already milled for that footprint. The regular P365 that isn’t milled for optics would have to be milled. I think they recently released a P365 that is milled for the optic footprint.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Name:  Eclipse Colt.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  57.0 KB
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    For the last year of retired life, a Sig 320 RXP Carry with factory mounted Romeo1Pro at 3:30 in a JMCK IWB rig. Spare mag on the left side. On those days when I don't carry a gun, it's a Sig P365XL with Holosun 407K and Wilson Grip Module. But thats only if I'm not carrying a gun.

I've checked the internet and found out that my gun blew up in my hand, and I've actually been dead almost a year.

These days it has typically been a CZ P10S direct milled for a Trijicon RMRcc with 6.5 MOA dot. Carried in either a JMCK OWB or AIWB depending on dress and environment.

User Tag List