Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What are you actually carrying concealed (circa June 2023?)

I've been carrying, training, and competing with either of these three for the last 6 months. HS509T direct milled or an SRO on a Zev optic cut slide are my current go-to optics these days because they all sit so low on the slide.

Name:  2023061601.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  84.0 KB
    Name:  2023061602.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  68.8 KB
    Chuck Brazeau

G19 gen3 build w/ Swampfox Justice 3.25MOA red, JMCK AIWB daily. It's easily concealable. Often strongside when not out and about.

This optic is the wider one, 27mm, and there is zero issue with concealment. I'm probably close to your size, OP.

I chose this optic because it does everything I need at a lower price point than the Holos.

Got their smaller one, the Liberty, on another slide. No difference in concealment, same same.

Very pleased with them so far. They've stood up to everything we've put them through.

ETA: I'd definitely NOT want a big 5 or 6 MOA dot.

Since this is in red dots, I assume you’re primarily asking about red dot guns.

My 90% answer to concealed carry is a Glock 19.4, with a 507C direct milled. Very rarely I’ll carry my duty gun, a 34.5 or my issued 17.5, both with CHPWS plates and 509Ts. Sometimes I’ll throw the 19 slide on a 26 frame if visibility needs to be reduced.

It’s apples and oranges due to a 17 vs 19 grip, but I do notice a more difficult time concealing the 17 and 34, including seeing the optic print more.

While the overall size isn’t crazy different, the majority of the bulk on the 507/RMR designs is on the belt line, vs the enclosed emitters have more bulk higher up.

Primarily a 4" M&P Shield with a 507K on it. Alternatively, depending on whether I'm traveling or not, I would have an M&P 2.0 Compact with either a 507Comp or an Acro P2 on it. All are direct mill. The Holosuns are set up for large circle only.

I was using a 508T but something went real wonky with it back in May & I need to ship it in.

Half the time a M&P9 2.0 4” with a 407c.

Other half the time it’s an sig 365xl with stock iron sights.

The M&P replaced my 365xl-macro though I still have it in the safe.

M&P 2.0 4.25 OR with manual safety and a 507c in an Phlster Enigma rig. I'm bigger than your average bear, so it works well for me.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    507C's on a P10C & M&P compact and 507 / 407K's on Sig XL's, I do think I prefer the smaller dot.

Stock Glock 19 with a SCS and a Langdon SCD, in a JMCK Wing Claw 2.0.

I’m at 4,000 rounds through the setup and will probably sell it at about 10,000. Hopefully by then the EPS Carry is better vetted, and I can mill a non-MOS G19.

75% of the time it's a PDP Compact with a 509T mounted on a CHPWS plate. Carried AIWB in a JMCK. The back right corner of the 509T tends to want to print through my shirts, but it's not terrible. (I would love a sub-compact PDP and that would likely be my carry 95% of the time if available.)

20% of the time it's a Gen4 G26 with irons. Again, AIWB in a JMCK. I want to upgrade to a Gen5 G26 with maybe an SRO - but I'm lazy and light on funds.

5% of the time it's a 43X with irons; AIWB in a JMCK. This is my Rule 1 gun and is carried in either very low threat environs and/or when concealment is paramount. I keep thinking about installing an optic on this one, but, for me, it's not really that kind of pistol and an optic would make it slightly less concealable.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

In CA:

Primarily a Staccato C2 with a Holosun EPS Carry loaded with Federal HST 147gr and carried in an LAS Concealment AIWB holster made for a Staccato P with no light. I have a holster for a TLR-7 and would carry with the light if I deemed necessary…

Sometimes I’ll carry a S&W CSX (same ammo) in a Vedder pocket holster.

I’ve been feeling nostalgic at work recently, so I’be been carrying several iron sight 1911s… my sunset admin spot makes being in a gunfight pretty unlikely, but I’m pretty sure that while not as effective as a dot-equipped pistol I’m far from “unarmed”.

In the unlikely event I had to go into the field my duty pistol is a Staccato P with Aimpoint ACRO P-2 and Surefire X400T-G in a Blackhawk L3D T-Series holster .

In TN:

Primarily a Staccato C with a Holosun EPS Carry, same ammo and also an LAS AIWB holster.

When feeling nostalgic I carry my Springfield 1911 that’s been worked over by the Dept Sr Armorer who knows his way around a 1911. I’ve thrown my Glock 26 on a couple times, and around the house my Ruger LCP is frequently in my pocket.

User Tag List