Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you actually carrying concealed (circa June 2023?)

For Glocks, I carry three with RDS:

G43 direct milled for RMRcc
    G26.5 direct milled for RMRcc
    G27.5 direct milled for RMR

I also have a couple of 19.5 MOS with different RDS, but they aren’t carried at the moment. ACRO P-2, MPS, SRS. Non Glock, I have EPS on my Berettas and an EPS Carry on a P365XL.

I’m just quietly waiting for more closed emitter options. For some reason I find my G26 and G27 to have a less painful wrist angle than my G19s, so if the MOS version of the G26 becomes readily available through Blue Label I’ll probably get one and stick an ACRO on it.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I was carrying a G45 Gen5 MOS with a ACRO P2 for the past year, but I've recently gone back to a G19 Gen5 MOS after someone here posted about the LTT grip anchor. I discovered that it extended the grip enough to where the difference between shooting the G19 w/grip anchor and the G45 was small enough that the G19's smaller size won out.

Ruger LCR for when I'm not armed.

I would say 80% of the time, a GEN5 G19MOSw/ACRO in a JMCK IWB holster. 15%, usually weekends, a GEN5 G26 either IWB or ankle holster for the coffee shop. The other 5% around the home, a snub in a pocketed pocket holster, although I have a similar setup for a G43.

For those of y'all that have some options… what made you choose the optic you are currently CCWing? I'm interested that @HeavyDuty, @CleverNickname, and @1Rangemaster has options, but is willing to put the ACRO (which seems rather large) on a G26.5 MOS when it stops being vaporware.

Part of what is pushing me towards the EPS was hoping to eliminate optic printing with a slightly smaller footprint especially as I won't be direct milling.

Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post
    For those of y'all that have some options… what made you choose the optic you are currently CCWing?
    Aimpoints are pretty bulletproof and also aren't Chinese. Also the P2 uses a rail-style mounting system instead of a vertical screw-style mounting system. Rail-style systems appear to have fewer problems.

For those of y'all that have some options… what made you choose the optic you are currently CCWing? I'm interested that @HeavyDuty, @CleverNickname, and @1Rangemaster has options, but is willing to put the ACRO (which seems rather large) on a G26.5 MOS when it stops being vaporware.

Part of what is pushing me towards the EPS was hoping to eliminate optic printing with a slightly smaller footprint especially as I won't be direct milling.
    I started my dot life with a P-1 ACRO, which had the disappointing battery life. Everything else about the sight I liked, build quality, glass clarity and dot projection. When the P-2 came out, I jumped on one as soon as I could. I have other dots, but the majority of the time I carry the ACRO.
    I carry IWB at about 4, so I haven't had an issue with concealing. I posted in some other thread that when the G26MOS is readily available, I'll probably acquire one and put an ACRO on it.

Site Supporter
    1. G22 with a direct milled new Aimpoint P2

2. G17 with a directed milled lightly used Holosun 507 I traded texturing services for.

Because I do not as of yet, have any other RDS pistols, I have not had to cross the actual buying chinese rubicon.

I debate between buying two Gen 3 lowers and putting on my Gen 3 34 and 35 uppers after they have been milled for X brand RDS sight

OR buying a Gen 5 MOS

OR waiting and buying a Gen 5 "agency" gun OEM milled if and when they become available.

Bottom Line --I am still a full sized AIWB guy 98% of the time.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I chose the Trijicons for my Glocks because I felt they are (were) the state of the art in concealable dots. I chose the specific model based on slide width - a full sized RMR was a good fit on the wider 27.5 (plus I already had it,) and the RMRcc is the perfect fit on the 26.5 and acceptable on the 43. I don’t regret my choices, but as RDS have evolved I might choose differently today. (I do have a new RMR that is going on a P30 that I picked up used - it was already cut for this sight.)

I chose EPS full size for my LTT RDO Beretta 92s because Langdon’s irons are much lower for this optic. I really do prefer the idea of enclosed emitters and thought this would be a good way of trying the EPS line out. Same deal with the P365XL - the EPS Carry is a really good fit on my early slide where the dot replaces the rear sight.

I’m not sure how I’d take to an ACRO on a 26, but I’d like to try it - it might be a matter of mounting it up and going nope nope nope. My plan there would be to move over the ACRO and FCD plate from my 19 MOS to a future 26.5 MOS to test drive, so there would be no expense beyond ammunition to resight the 19 when the ACRO moved back. However, when I took a side by side pic for this post I realized again just how much larger an ACRO is than a full size EPS. Maybe an EPS is the solution for a 26 MOS?

I also have a SRS on a 19, but to be honest I really dislike the green and the circle dot. If they came out with a red 6 MOA dot version that was reliable, I’d give one strong consideration despite it not being closed emitter.

I have too many freakin’ guns.

Name:  IMG_9599.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  57.2 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    When I can - a 3rd Gen G26, Trijicon night sights and an extra mag. OWB at 3 and 9 as IWB doesn't work for me. A J frame in pocket and a speed strip if dress constrains. Moot point though given the NYS new law.

I see no reason to change it out. Esp. since the carry ban. I have a G17 Gen 5 Mos with an SRO for matches and home. It's kind of big for EDC. Might I go for a G19 if carry frees up - maybe? I used to have one. Dot on it - I dunno, still feeling out the G17 dot. Didn't like the new thinner Glocks when I tried them.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 06-14-2023 at 11:15 AM.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Colt 9mm 1911 with Holosun 507K normally.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List