Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What are you actually carrying concealed (circa June 2023?)

Today

Tried to make glocks work for me appendix and am just not comfortable with it (personal preference) so I've been carrying a p2000 lem with irons. I don't feel outmatched.

Name:  20230609_214122.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  20.4 KB

I forgot to add that there is almost always a J frame in the left front pocket, in addition to the primary pistol.

Old P365 milled for a 507k in a Vedder Pocket Locker

Around the house, it's a S&W 351C in .22WMR with one of those clip draw things. At ~12oz loaded, it's an easy no-excuse gun no matter my choice in clothing.

Out and about, it's a P365XL upper on an XMacro lower with a 6MOA EPS Carry. I recently cut down another XMacro grip frame to accept 12rd mags for the few occasions where the 17rd frame is a bit much.

Same old G19 gen 4 I've had for the last 11 years, but with an overwatch precision trigger upgrade.

Sure been eyeballing the sig X-macro tacops for going to an optic though. Shooting the P322 with optic has really convinced me of their efficacy.

My original post was in Red Dot Sights because I was curious specifically about carrying Red Dots, but I'll contribute my bit:

Glock 19.4 in a Tenicor Velo for… eight years? Heinie straight eights, tangodown slide stop and mag release, SCD.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    The XL, X, and X Macros are already milled for that footprint. The regular P365 that isn’t milled for optics would have to be milled. I think they recently released a P365 that is milled for the optic footprint.
    My understanding is that the optics ready P365s will be the standard going forward, simplifying SIG's production to (basically) three slides: P365/P365X, P365XL/X-Macro, and P365XL Comp/X-Macro Comp.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    My understanding is that the optics ready P365s will be the standard going forward, simplifying SIG's production to (basically) three slides: P365/P365X, P365XL/X-Macro, and P365XL Comp/X-Macro Comp.
    Good thinking on their part. I don’t see a reason to offer a non-optics-ready P365 slide when there’s an optics-ready one available from a financial standpoint. The number of people who would prefer to get the standard slide and send it off for milling instead of buying an optics-ready slide is probably minuscule when talking about the P365s specifically. It’s not like this is an MOS style system where people might not like it because of the adapter plates. It’s directly compatible with the most popular optic footprint for that size of gun already. With the separate dovetail rear sight slides replacing the ones with rear irons on the plate, the argument that “the plate with your irons attached to it might come loose and you’ll die in the streets” is irrelevant now too. I talk a decent amount of crap about Sig but they continue to do good things with the P365 series, other than the slides with the stupid porting cuts that seem to have occasional accuracy issues. I’d prefer that they standardized on these three slides: 3.1” barrel P365X slide, P365SAS slide for those who still want that one for pocket carry, and 3.7” barrel P365XL slide and get rid of the “Comp” slides altogether.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    the Sonoran Desert and 6200' in the Tonto N.F.
    P365X with red Holosun 507k - carry at 8:30 (lefty). Use the circle without the dot.

User Tag List