Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: USPSA Presidential Election 2023

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Further supports my suspicion that, despite "we have 30K members" rhetoric, maybe 5-7k members actually shoot matches. And vote.
    Maybe another 3-7k that are actively competing but just joined within the last year and aren’t eligible to vote though. Lots of turnover in the sport means that probably 1/3 of the active participants can’t vote at any given time.

and at least a few thousands who are "just let me shoot and don't bother me with this BS", totally apathetic about the national organization and the absurd politics, only care about their local club match....I know many of those...
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    and at least a few thousands who are "just let me shoot and don't bother me with this BS", totally apathetic about the national organization and the absurd politics, only care about their local club match....I know many of those...
    As do I.

This voting rate aligns well with other individual, membership driven national and international level sports that I have been a part of. As mentioned above, they typically see about a 1/3 rd annual turnover rate, and in the case of USPSA there’s that one year voting period restriction for that incoming third.

And for sure, the number of people who care about all the sturm und drang going on is a small fraction of the total number of shooters in my personal circles - though, to be sure, they’re also the ones who are putting in the most significant effort to help run my local club.

In other words, they are people who really matter over the long haul.
    Last edited by Archer1440; 10-04-2023 at 07:27 AM.

Speaking of theatre.

Anybody want to place bets on if the board finds a way around Troy/the rules to install Yee, or if they are already working on their new approach and method for refusing to install him in January?
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Speaking of theatre.

Anybody want to place bets on if the board finds a way around Troy/the rules to install Yee, or if they are already working on their new approach and method for refusing to install him in January?
    The issue is that they don’t have to find a way around it.
    If they vote to not reinstate his RO cert he DQs himself.

So we boot Foley and we get years of Ted and Leighton as president.

Is that better?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    The issue is that they don’t have to find a way around it.
    If they vote to not reinstate his RO cert he DQs himself.

So we boot Foley and we get years of Ted and Leighton as president.

Is that better?
    Yes, but barely. I'm hopeful that Area by Area, we can reclaim USPSA.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yes, but barely. I'm hopeful that Area by Area, we can reclaim USPSA.
    I’m hoping that someone actually campaigns and e-mails members in the areas up for grabs and even 300 vote swing can make a difference.

YML reinstated Jan 1, 2024

November BOD minutes has YML taking office in January.

Site Supporter
    YML can't be a Range Officer while he is President, I wonder what other restrictions they will come up with.

User Tag List