Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA Presidential Election 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @Ben B, do you know what Luigi Li’s day job is? He claims to have finance and management expertise, but I can’t find anything online about that.
    I believe currently he's an independent contractor in sales, but I think he's referring to past jobs where he's managed small teams and had to deal with budgets.

My personal perspective is that I'm voting for someone with character and vision. Someone who will do what's best for the sport, not just convenient or beneficial for himself. Someone who will make the right decision for the next 10 years, not the next 6 months.

It's the job of the board to advise on particular areas like finances and legal compliance, either from board members who have the personal experience (like A3), or through bringing in advisors (like the Org's attorney of record), and the President's job to take that direction and advice and act on it. None of the candidates have significant non-profit leadership or management experience that I'm aware of, so in that sense it's a wash.
    Last edited by Ben B; 06-16-2023 at 11:50 AM.

The results are in.
    It is going to be a runoff election. YML got the most votes so far.

https://uspsa.org/elections/results/

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    The results are in.

Shit man, if I thought YML was a viable candidate I would have voted for him.

I wonder if a number of the Luigi voters would vote for YML if they thought it was viable.

Has anyone heard whether YML wants to be in the running and what he plans on doing about the RO requirement?

The results are in.

I'm seeing results for the 2011 election?

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I'm seeing results for the 2011 election?
    Scroll all the way down

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Scroll all the way down
    Well that's dumb.

Both me, and for USPSA not putting the most recent at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Shit man, if I thought YML was a viable candidate I would have voted for him.

I wonder if a number of the Luigi voters would vote for YML if they thought it was viable.

Has anyone heard whether YML wants to be in the running and what he plans on doing about the RO requirement?
    As I said at the beginning of this thread, YML was/is the only option. We should stop justifying/rationalizing the way we are being f$cked. The sooner the better

As I said at the beginning of this thread, YML was/is the only option. We should stop justifying/rationalizing the way we are being f$cked. The sooner the better
    Just searched this out and I guess he’s really in it.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtiVn...I2MzMwZWM3ZA==

Several interesting things to note from the election stats.

1. From the 2022 election, to 2023, the number of eligible voters dropped precipitously. Why? Did USPSA actually lose more than 8600 members?

2. The relative proportion of eligible voters to actual voters was roughly the same in spite of the drop in the voter pool. A bit more than 1 in 5, which is actually pretty typical for this type of sport and membership.

Runoff rules aside, given that some very engaged people here apparently somehow did not realize YML was seriously re-running, the message seems clear as to what many of the more dialed-in members felt as to how "the situation" was (mis)handled with respect to YML. Regardless of whether those votes were a form of protest, or informed votes as to the available options, the numbers seem to speak for themselves.

User Tag List