Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA Presidential Election 2023

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    YML is the only option in my opinion. Voting for anyone else is accepting what happened before.
    I’m concerned that’s what the establishment wants to happen… to split the progressive vote and thereby elect an entrenched member.

I don’t see YML as reasonably electable at this point, so a vote for him is a throwaway vote.

YML is the only option in my opinion. Voting for anyone else is accepting what happened before.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I’m concerned that’s what the establishment wants to happen… to split the progressive vote and thereby elect an entrenched member.

I don’t see YML as reasonably electable at this point, so a vote for him is a throwaway vote.
    I was just writing virtually the same thing.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I was just writing virtually the same thing.
    Everyone else means the board runs the whole thing and the Prez is irrelevant. Why vote at all then?

Everyone else means the board runs the whole thing and the Prez is irrelevant. Why vote at all then?
    Luigi looks like he can move things forward, while we wait to elect a better BoD.

The 2023 election was scheduled to happen regardless of what happenened. The 2022 election that voted YML in was a special election to fill out the remainder of Foley’s term.

I suppose YML could run, be elected, but per the bylaws he would have to regain his RO/CRO certification prior to taking office.

Personally I think he had his chance and unfortunately he shit the bed with it. I’m not convinced that the BoD deliberately engineered this whole drama just to boot him.

For those who care about Stoeger's opinion.

TLDR: Ben endorses Luigi Li, Ben Berry and Vincent Lucchetti

Joel Park also did an interview with Luigi Li on the PSTG Training Group Live podcast. I don't see it on YT.

I can't vote, so I don't have a dog in the fight.
    David S.

Luigi looks like he can move things forward, while we wait to elect a better BoD.
    Nobody can move things forward unless they have true executive powers. At this point the pres is a figurehead which is why I clicked on YML again. Just for shits and giggles, to see if he can get more votes than the rest of them.

As far as YML not taking an option for "corrective action", I know a number of smart people who threw their resignations in just before the corporate could fire or discipline them. As a matter of "fuck your corrective action" if they didn't agree, or to keep their resume clean. Speaking for myself only, if I had fucked up but thought that action against me was excessive and hostile, I would've done the same.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I’m skeptical. I think he’s coming at it with a target on his back from the get go. It’s basically going to wind up the same way as YML if you don’t get someone who can work WITH the egos that exist there.

Especially if they wield the power.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Nobody can move things forward unless they have true executive powers. At this point the pres is a figurehead which is why I clicked on YML again. Just for shits and giggles, to see if he can get more votes than the rest of them.

As far as YML not taking an option for "corrective action", I know a number of smart people who threw their resignations in just before the corporate could fire or discipline them. As a matter of "fuck your corrective action" if they didn't agree, or to keep their resume clean. Speaking for myself only, if I had fucked up but thought that action against me was excessive and hostile, I would've done the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I’m skeptical. I think he’s coming at it with a target on his back from the get go. It’s basically going to wind up the same way as YML if you don’t get someone who can work WITH the egos that exist there.

Especially if they wield the power.
    I sort of agree, but would still vote for Luigi. I wouldn't want the job, but if he does--more power to him.

Is it better to vote for a candidate who is:

1) a financially experienced, responsible outsider (like Luigi)?
    2) a member of the good old boys club, who will help the BoD sweep their issues under the rug?
    3) a symbolic throwaway vote (YML)
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 06-15-2023 at 06:41 PM.

I sort of agree, but would still vote for Luigi. I wouldn't want the job, but if he does--more power to him.

Is it better to vote for a candidate who is:

1) a financially experienced, responsible, outsider (like Luigi)?
    2) a member of the good old boys club, who will help the BoD sweep their issues under the rug?
    3) a symbolic throwaway vote (YML)
    I voted for Moneypenny as someone who seemed reasonable and noninflammatory.

I wasn’t super impressed with Luigi’s tone, I think he’ll raise the hackles of the BOD and be similarly ineffective as YML.

Remember, the board is all elected so if that’s predominantly what the members want… then you kind of have to work with that framework.

User Tag List