Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA Presidential Election 2023

Site Supporter
    I mean it is not a leap to assume that many people who voted for him the first time voted for him again for the same, or similar, reasons.

I also let my membership lapse, and don't really see a need (nor have the desire) to pay for membership again in the near future. I run a practical shooting match at a local indoor range. We have a great group that shows up, some are USPSA members but most are not, and in asking for feedback from those that shoot there about possibly affiliating with an organization the consensus was it was not wanted.

To be honest USPSA as an organization does very, very little for local clubs; this is based on my active participation at our local club for several years. Some people really care about classifiers and the letter next to their name. I don't, and usually saw the classifier stage as a mediocre stage that I would rather replace with a more interesting shooting challenge (I mean waiting 45 minutes to shoot a bill drill is awesome and all, but I can do that on my own). I will say the newer classifiers are much better and more reflective of what you see at a match, and are much more enjoyable to shoot.

As far as who is president, I don't really care. The attitude I get from the org is "my way or the highway." Well, I took the highway route and I enjoy shooting just as much not being a member of USPSA. Going to local matches is exactly the same for me member or not, and the quality of the level 2 and above matches really doesn't appeal to me for the time and money cost (it does to others, and that's great).

Name:  IMG_5821.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  42.4 KB

This is from YMLs Facebook post - The Path Forward
    Last edited by cheby; 07-19-2023 at 12:22 AM.

I tend to agree with this, if YML wins it gives the board more potential for shenanigans because he still hasn't regained the RO cert. I think Luigi Li is the better candidate anyways.

Either way is good.

I think whether it’s YML or Luigi Li… I think both represent an upgrade from the past presidents and suggests maybe there is a real sea change happening.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I let my membership lapse. It seemed to be an organization geared towards those running mid-four-figure raceguns. And what appeared to be a slapfight at the top management turned me off. Why pay $40/yr to support that?

Realistically, I’m not going to regional/national matches. I saw nothing to be gained by staying in.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post

I tend to agree with this, if YML wins it gives the board more potential for shenanigans because he still hasn't regained the RO cert. I think Luigi Li is the better candidate anyways.
    What's with the yellow goggles?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    What's with the yellow goggles?
    Ben being Ben, I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I let my membership lapse. It seemed to be an organization geared towards those running mid-four-figure raceguns. And what appeared to be a slapfight at the top management turned me off. Why pay $40/yr to support that?

Realistically, I’m not going to regional/national matches. I saw nothing to be gained by staying in.
    To paraphrase:
    “And so, my fellow shooters: ask not what USPSA can do for you — ask what you can do for USPSA”

If you haven't been paying attention the following is being reported by Practical Shooting Insights:

1) DNROI has said to the board, in a written letter, he will not reinstate YML's RO certificate under any circumstance.

2) The BOD is considering amending the bylaws, as the special election is in progress, to allow someone to be president WITHOUT an RO certification.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If you haven't been paying attention the following is being reported by Practical Shooting Insights:

1) DNROI has said to the board, in a written letter, he will not reinstate YML's RO certificate under any circumstance.

2) The BOD is considering amending the bylaws, as the special election is in progress, to allow someone to be president WITHOUT an RO certification.

I voted for YML again. The entire situation feels slimy.

User Tag List