Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: USPSA Presidential Election 2023

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know?
    Inappropriate jokes and comments. The type that if I said them while at work in public I’d likely lose my job or get suspended.

Add in the fact that there were two teenage girls in my squad, IMO he is not someone I want as the figurehead of the org.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Inappropriate jokes and comments. The type that if I said them while at work in public I’d likely lose my job or get suspended.

Add in the fact that there were two teenage girls in my squad, IMO he is not someone I want as the figurehead of the org.
    Sad to hear that; not good with the young ladies present.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I wonder how much correlation there is between Trump primary voters and YML voters.
    Zero in this household. Sure, part of it is an f/u to the board and, more so, Troy who needs to go. Another part of it is personal experience with YML running stages I shot. I enjoyed him as my RO more than any RO I can remember. I trust those who say he slipped and said something stupid but I disagree with his removal, whether it conforms to corporate policies of our days or doesn't. So, I now voted for him three times.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I wonder how much correlation there is between Trump primary voters and YML voters. Seems to me like a not-inconsequential portion of the support for both is due to the perception that voting for them is a chance to flip the bird to the powers-that-be.

Don’t make the mistake of correlating politics in sport with politics that actually matters.

I voted for Luigi. I voted for Yee Min last time, but I think the many not the existing board members, and Troy, would be be preoccupied with replying the drama, and it would make it harder for new board members to try for any meaningful reform.

Name:  results.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  14.2 KB

Name:  results 2.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  34.0 KB

Site Supporter
    It will be interesting to see how they screw this up now and waste more money.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Name:  results.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  14.2 KB

Name:  results 2.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  34.0 KB
    Over 26,000 voters, less than 5500 ballots cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Over 26,000 voters, less than 5500 ballots cast.
    Further supports my suspicion that, despite "we have 30K members" rhetoric, maybe 5-7k members actually shoot matches. And vote.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List