Thread: Streamlight TLR-7 Facecap Replacement Reccomendation....

Site Supporter

Streamlight TLR-7 Facecap Replacement Reccomendation....

I think I need a new bulb/facecap for an EDC TLR-7... It had been burning through batteries for the past 2 months, seeing very little use either than a daily function check. As of Saturday, it's dead, even with a fresh Streamlight battery.

If this is a sign of something other than a dead bulb, please let me know... first time for me.

Looking at replacement heads.... wondering if there are any aftermarket parts recommended over the Streamlight head. (Streamlight p/n 694119)

Of course I'm on the road this week with a broken light... Please forgive me if I'm slow to reply.

Thanks!
    @NH Shooter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I think I need a new bulb/facecap for an EDC TLR-7... It had been burning through batteries for the past 2 months, seeing very little use either than a daily function check. As of Saturday, it's dead, even with a fresh Streamlight battery.

If this is a sign of something other than a dead bulb, please let me know... first time for me.

Looking at replacement heads.... wondering if there are any aftermarket parts recommended over the Streamlight head. (Streamlight p/n 694119)

Of course I'm on the road this week with a broken light... Please forgive me if I'm slow to reply.

Thanks!
    @NH Shooter
    I am unaware of any replacement heads for the TLR-7. Based on the description of the failure, your best bet is to contact Streamlight customer service.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    I am unaware of any replacement heads for the TLR-7. Based on the description of the failure, your best bet is to contact Streamlight customer service.
    Not the answer I was hoping for, but, I do appreciate your quick reply...

SL doesn't warranty the bulbs, I assume that includes the heads, since I'm not finding a "bulb" replacement for it...

Will send email to confirm. Thanks!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Not the answer I was hoping for, but, I do appreciate your quick reply...

SL doesn't warranty the bulbs, I assume that includes the heads, since I'm not finding a "bulb" replacement for it...

Will send email to confirm. Thanks!
    Roy, I believe this is a LED light (no "bulb") so it should be covered. Also, the problem may be in the switches - not the head.

Give 'em a shout, nothing to lose trying. Good luck!
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Streamlight service has been really good, both on my own as well as department owned lights.

Recently sent a TLR7-A to Streamlight for service and they turned it around really fast, replacing the circuit board.

FWIW the TLR7-Sub heads also work on the TLR7-A, and put out a noticeably brighter/whiter light.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Streamlight service has been really good, both on my own as well as department owned lights.
    This. Customer service was always top notch.

User Tag List