Thread: Car shipping with a broker

Car shipping with a broker

I will need to ship two cars (regular sedans) from MA to FL early July. I am considering going with a broker vs the regular guy I used in the past.
    Any concerns/things to watch out when using a broker?

We used a local car transport and had zero issues.
    Tennessee to Florida .
    Tow max auto transport
    We booked thru road runner auto transport

My first question would be, what's now wrong with the "regular guy" you've used in the past?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    My first question would be, what's now wrong with the "regular guy" you've used in the past?
    Kowalski? He wound up crashing a Challenger 440 in Cali.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    The regular guy brokers out enclosed shipping of cars. He only ships direct not-enclosed cars. If going enclosed, it will be brokered.

I'm guessing then you want enclosed transport.

I'm not there yet with this problem, but eventually I might be. moving 6 cars (5 that work) somewhere between 400 and 500 miles (depending on actual location of the new homestead) isn't an impossible problem for me to do solo with my single car trailer. However the cost of fuel in all that, I don't know. There's factors to consider (towed vehicles are storage cubes as well, we'll have at least 3 drivers total at that point) so if I do some logistical/coordinating/scheduling of when the vehicles move it might not be so bad.

Just thinking (typing!) out loud...
    got the little 4x8 trailer that needs moving.
    Jeep can tow and carry.
    Wife can drive her car, packed.
    Kid can drive his car, packed.
    That leaves the parts car (must be towed), the Neon, and the minivan.
    Wife can't drive stick, so she's out for the Neon (or the jeep, or the kid's car.)
    She "refuses" to drive the minivan, although I could maybe convince her to do it one time.
    The kid *might* be trustworthy enough to drive the Neon by then, and I could "cripple" it down to spring pressure for boost for the drive, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly stupid.
    That's excluding any other... items... of large size that would need to be transported via open deck trailer. (IBC totes maybe?)
    Thought about getting some single trip containers (probably 20' versions, because 40's would be a bitch to get in and out of the driveway) to load up. also means I have secure storage for stuff until I get everything built on the property (years). The question is, the cost to move them that distance, vs. "traditional" moving companies.

Moving is hard. I guess luckily I've got 2-3 years to figure it out.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List