Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CZ P10 or ???

CZ P10 or ???

Why aren’t these more popular?

I just took a CZ P 10 C in a few months ago on a trade deal, along with a G30S for my 365X (yes I got two guns for one). The CZ feels amazing in my hand, shoots like a dream, has a stock trigger that rivals most aftermarket options in other polymer offerings, takes metal mags, and sits in that sweet spot for size a la G19/M&P Compact.

In fact, I have shot the CZ better (accuracy only, nothing timed) at the end of my last 2 range sessions than I have my M&P 2.0 Compact that I have had for the last 5 years.

I am perplexed. I am looking at picking up a full size and trying my hand at some local competitions. Initially I was thinking a full sized M&P to compliment my compact or but now I wondering about going down this rabbit hole of CZ? The other direction I considered was Glock as the local trainer I have been training with seems to favor GSSF. The P 10 series has been discounted across the board per my LGS and it shows online also as new offerings can be had under $400. I shoot the CZ better in terms of accuracy than I do the M&P. At what point does hardware start to become more relevant?

Am I missing something with these? They seem fantastic but are priced like Springfield XDs and PSA Daggers. YouTube seems to favor them in general.

Which route would you go given the aforementioned info?
    P 10 F
    Metal or Plastic (see what I did there) Full Size
    Glock 17/47/34
    Last edited by Virtuosity Student; 06-10-2023 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuosity Student View Post
    Why aren’t these more popular?

I just took a CZ P 10 C in a few months ago on a trade deal, along with a G30S for my 365X (yes I got two guns for one). The CZ feels amazing in my hand, shoots like a dream, has a stock trigger that rivals most aftermarket options in other polymer offerings, takes metal mags, and sits in that sweet spot for size a la G19/M&P Compact.

In fact, I have shot the CZ better (accuracy only, nothing timed) at the end of my last 2 range sessions than I have my M&P 2.0 Compact that I have had for the last 5 years.

I am perplexed. I am looking at picking up a full size and trying my hand at some local competitions. Initially I was thinking a full sized M&P to compliment my compact or but now I wondering about going down this rabbit hole of CZ? The other direction I considered was Glock as the local trainer I have been training with seems to favor GSSF. The P 10 series has been discounted across the board per my LGS and it shows online also as new offerings can be had under $400. I shoot the CZ better in terms of accuracy than I do the M&P. At what point does hardware start to become more relevant?

Am I missing something with these? They seem fantastic but are priced like Springfield XDs and PSA Daggers. YouTube seems to favor them in general.

Which route would you go given the aforementioned info?
    P 10 F
    Metal or Plastic (see what I did there) Full Size
    Glock 17/47/34
    I’m a big fan of the P10c, great shooting handling compacts. I own two a Gen 1 and a Gen 2, both with FDE frames. I call them the other G19 because they shoot so similar to me. My timed drills with them equal my timed drills with 19s, the full size P 10 has always looked odd to me, grip looks so long. But I’ve never shot one bet they shoot great though.

It's going to come down to personal preference. I can shoot a CZ P10S, P10C, and P10F better than I can shoot a Glock G26, G19, and G34. I think the CZ's are under-rated.

The CZ P10c is a fabulous pistol. I had an OR model for a while. Also had a nice P10F. Didn’t like the P10F at all. Loved the P10c OR. But I’ve got smedium sized hands and the F grip is VERY long.

I’ve had and competed with the 10c, the 10F, the G17/19/34/35/26/22/23, the CZ P07 and P09 plus who knows what else. My favorite of all of those, believe it or not, was the P07. I don’t think you can go wrong with the 10c/10F or the Glocks you are taking about. If you are going to be using this primarily as a competition gun, I’d seriously consider just building a Glock specifically for what you want to do with as opposed to buying one. There are so many OEM and aftermarket parts available that it is easy to buy parts a la carte, save $$ and end up with exactly what you want. It’s a lot easier to do that with a Glock than with a CZ P10.

Just a thought.

Gratuitous CZ family pic:
    Name:  894F59F8-2904-427E-A6DC-E30AECE9269B.jpg
Views: 1524
Size:  89.0 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I have a P10C circa 2018 model. The early gens had some teething issues back in 2017-2018 when first released. The main issue I can think of is the striker plate could slip off the end of the striker and drop down enough to keep the slide form going back into battery. The slide stop was also notoriously hard to manipulate (some claimed it was a slide stop, not a slide release), and the mag release button was kinda rubbery. Also some people felt like the trigger shoe pinched their finger in long extended firing sessions. Oh, and the stock sights were nothing to write home about.

That said, I still bought one because I thought the ergonomics were way better than a Glock 19, and at the time I was in the market for a G19 sized polymer pistol for my collection and I wasn’t sold on getting a G19, even the Gen 5. But all the issues I listed above were fixable with after-market parts, or eventually CZ fixed them themselves with later generations of the P10C.

I think the main reason why the P10C didn’t take off was the sheer number of Glock 19 fans out there, especially given some of the teething problems the early gen P10Cs had. Like I said, the issues were fixable if you like to tinker, which I do and did.

CGW sells a kit that helped lock the striker assembly into the striker plate to keep it from not going into battery. But should a consumer have to buy an after-market part to fix a critical problem that the manufacturer should have designed better??? But CZ did resolve that in later generations, so kudos to them.

Personally I rarely use the slide stop/release bc the P10C is one of those guns that when you slap in a fully loaded mag the slide auto-forwards on its own, or some people prefer to sling shot the slide to get it to go back into battery. That one is probably personal preferences. It does loosen up as you get north of a couple thousand rounds.

I did replace the trigger shoe with the one from HBI, which IMO greatly improved the feel of the trigger, again maybe a personal thing. I also replaced the mag release with one from Armory Craft which was an improvement over stock. But once again, should a consumer have to replace parts or is it too much to ask that a gun be 99% good to go in stock form?

As far as sights… yeah even the plastic stock Glock sights suck ass, so probably no comparison there. Or maybe Glock knows that sights are such a personal preference that they just slap on the cheapest sights they could make to kept the price point down since they know everyone is going to replace them anyway? But in CZ’s case, they put semi decent metal sights on the stock gun, it’s just that I didn’t like them so swapped them out for something more to my liking.

I shot mine in USPSA Production division and IDPA’s SSP division for a few months back in 2018 and again after I got the slide milled for a RMR. I also shot it for a couple months when I was waiting for my Shadow 2 to come back from slide milling (so I am a CZ fan). It’s a decent pistol for a polymer striker fired gun, semi decent after market support, and it’s a reasonable sized/weight gun to carry.

As far as competition, I shoot metal framed guns much better and also prefer DA/SA or SAO guns to striker-fired -personal preference probably. But there is no discounting the fact that the P10C fits my hand nicely and it is pleasant to carry. One of these days I need to get a P-07 and experiment with a polymer DA/SA gun.

@Virtuosity Student, I like the p10 series a lot. I find them easier to shoot well than Glocks and most other polymer striker guns. CZ gets the ergos right for grip, index, and return after recoil. Aftermarket parts and holsters are readily available. What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by ECK View Post
    ...One of these days I need to get a P-07 and experiment with a polymer DA/SA gun.
    Yes. Yes you do
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @Virtuosity Student,

Yes. Yes you do
    You won’t be disappointed. Get the CGW pro grade kit for it. Or just buy a pro grade one direct from CGW.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Never had a P07 but did own a P09 for around 2000 rounds. Shot great but the decocker/safety really bugged me, with my grip it sat rubbed/hit my thumb hand knuckle and would get down right painful at the end of a long training day.

Thanks for the responses thus far.

@Lon
    I had not considered building a custom Glock from the ground up, I figured I would have to buy one and start from that platform. Where would you start with this, something like a P80 or Lonewolf frame?

Also, you guys may have opened another window that I didn't see coming. The mags are interchangeable between the P10C/P07 and the P10F/P09. I have been toying with the idea of going DA/SA but I know that would take some more training to get used to. Its one of those things that circulates in my brain now and again but I keep trying to ignore that voice.

My P10 C is an 2018 model with the updated rear slide plate. What sucks, potentially, is that mine has the ambi mag release not the new reversible model. CZ webstore lists mags as "P10 C Reverse and P07". I know some internal changes took place to go from the ambi mag release design to the newer model, but did that affect compatibility in any way? In other words, if I ordered a new mag will it work in my 2018 model with the older style mag release?

Love the feedback folks. I have surfed many other forums for years but this is the only one I ever joined.

I might add I am surprised ( or maybe not) to not see much recommendation for staying with the M&P line. The new metal model has my eye but IDK if I can justify the $300 premium over the plastic models. Especially when I can run my CZ better thus far.

The P10C is a "sleeper" gun. Old street racing terminology.

It's a tremendous value IMO. It's good right out of the box if you can deal with the factory sights. The trigger shoe did pinch my finger but other guns do the same, so I chalk that up to a me problem and not a gun issue. Honestly it's really close to a VP9 and some of the Walthers, IMO. I went a different direction because I had too many platforms to begin with. The P10C is solid.

User Tag List