Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CZ P10 or ???

I picked up two of the P10C OR models when I started down the dot path during the last panic, and I couldn’t source Glocks.

Overall, I have been extremely pleased.

I did have both recoil springs give up their ghost suddenly during a class recently. It’s my fault for not changing them sooner (a few thousand rounds on each pistol).

I have not had the opportunity to run them since replacing the springs.

As I won’t carry a pistol with plates in the field, these will always be relegated to the range.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuosity Student View Post
    Thanks for the responses thus far.

@Lon
    I had not considered building a custom Glock from the ground up, I figured I would have to buy one and start from that platform. Where would you start with this, something like a P80 or Lonewolf frame?
    I’m partial to G19 sized frames. If you look through the semi-auto forum here you’ll see 2 threads I started about different aftermarket frames - the SCT and the Combat Armory. I really like both. I’ve also had a PSA Dagger but I had serious issues with that one and it went bye bye. There are plenty of other aftermarket 19 sized frames as well - P80 (not a fan personally), Lone Wolf (no experience), Nomad (they intrigue me) to name a few.

If you want a G17 or 34 sized pistol then I’d suggest going with the Nomad or an OEM frame.

Black Phoenix Customs usually has stripped OEM frames - https://blackphoenixcustoms.com/strippedglockframes

Threads I’ve started:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....9-clone)-build

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....19-clone-frame
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Another benefit of this series is that the strikers are partially cocked like a Glock.

Although an SCD type device doesn't exist, it does give some peace of mind for people who care about these things (myself) despite its potential irrationality.

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    Another benefit of this series is that the strikers are partially cocked like a Glock.

Although an SCD type device doesn't exist, it does give some peace of mind for people who care about these things (myself) despite its potential irrationality.
    Agree I prefer a partially cocked striker for carry/duty and actually prefer fully cocked strikers with a manual safety.

Vending Machine Operator
    I picked up a CZ P10S this weekend (their Glock 26 analogue) and carried it IWB at 4 o clock most of the weekend.

I need to put more rounds through to have a solid opinion, but first impressions are favorable. I like the aggressive checkering on the grip (and it is pretty aggressive, so if you don't care for that heads up), I like the trigger, pretty much a Glock trigger, and the thing I'm happiest about is that the gun indexes very well for me. Like the M&P 2.0 series guns, I always present with the sights aligned naturally.

Construction seems high quality despite the fact that I paid like $350 for the thing, likely because the OR models are coming out, but I don't have any interest in CCWing a subcompact with an optic.

Thus far, looking good. My last two guns have been a CZ P01 and CZ P10S and the quality control/polish of each has been superb. Tip of the cap to the folks in Uhersky Brod.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I prefer to carry AIWB, so all my pistols are either a DA/SA CZ Cajunized PO7 or PO1 Omega or a Glock Gen 5 G19 with a striker control device. *My* striker fired pistols must have either a manual thumb safety or a SCD.

I have tried em all, P10s could use about a pinky width more in grip length! My P10 competition, was scary accurate, loved the extended slide stop, but would stutter, traded back in. There are some great prices out there if you shop around. The CZ CEO hinted at an updated P10, so who knows how long before that comes out. The CZ line as a whole is solid. I was encouraged after listening to his interview and what is potentially coming.

Name:  IMG_1626.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  96.7 KB

I really like my CZ P-10C , quickly became my favorite 9mm pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    I have tried em all, P10s could use about a pinky width more in grip length! My P10 competition, was scary accurate, loved the extended slide stop, but would stutter, traded back in. There are some great prices out there if you shop around. The CZ CEO hinted at an updated P10, so who knows how long before that comes out. The CZ line as a whole is solid. I was encouraged after listening to his interview and what is potentially coming.
    Can you post a link to the interview or say where you heard it? Just ordered a P10C for $380. Wondering if there is an improved version coming down the pike.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

User Tag List